5330 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Can't find a thread from the good old itrc forum

Eric SAUBIGNAC
Honored Contributor

Can't find a thread from the good old itrc forum

Bonjour,

I can't find in the new forum a given thread. This old thread (end of 2010) could be an answer to a recent opened thread. Maybe, if the writer had found this old thread he could have solved his problem ...

Of course I did a search in the new forum, but with no match :-(

Title was "Problem with serviceguard and integrity virtual machines "

Location " http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1448014 "

And it was in the HP-UX virtualization forum @ http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=855

So 2 questions :

- how can we ask for a thread to be published in the new forum ?

- why can't we have a read-only access to the old forum, just as it was before the migration !!! I know, it has been previously asked, but it is a so simple workaround !

Thanks in advance

Eric

7 REPLIES 7
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Re: Can't find a thread from the good old itrc forum

Eric - we're aware of the situation with some of the content not yet being available.  We've working on resolving that problem and will have those missing posts imported into the community as quickly as we can.  Once I have specifics on when that will be taking place I'll let everyone know.

I work for HPE.
Dave Verdon
Collector

It certainly would have been nice if you were to overlap the migration.  I believe I've found a link to a solution that I desperately need, but alas, it is nowhere to be found, so I guess I'll try posting my issue so that we can duplicate things, just to make things more convoluted.

Not happy with the new site or the way HP customers are being handled lately.

Dave

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Dave - not sure what you mean about "overlap" the migrations.

It looks like we'll have the missing content added to the site soon - hopefully next week at some point.  We'll post an official announcement once we have a specific schedule to share.

I work for HPE.
V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

>Dave - not sure what you mean about "overlap" the migrations

I think he means that the old forum should still be available as a readable source (like it was short before migration).

As you can remember for about one week the itrc forum was only readable.

After this site started the old forum seems to be deleted at once.

Why did you not hold the old forum in backspace?

At least till ALL links were redirected ....

Just my thoughts

V.

*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

V. - it wasn't possible due to the retirement of the *entire* ITRC site (not just the forums).  On the 26th of June, the ITRC was transitioned to the HP Support Center - and the systems behind the ITRC had to be taken completely off line at that time.  So there wasn't an option to keep the old forums out there, unfortunately.

I work for HPE.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Google still has it in cache:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:fmfI2UO2pEEJ:forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do%3FthreadId%3D1448014+http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do%3FthreadId%3D1448014&cd=1&hl=de&ct=clnk&gl=de&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.de

Google the thread title or URL you wrote above and click "in cache".

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Sharon Prothero
Frequent Advisor

"Cruel and unusual" only begins to scratch the surface of the punishments my imagination has been inflicting on whoever had the bright idea of making what was once my most useful source of HP-UX knowledge little more than a quick way of finding the "ITRC redirect announcement " page.