1748234 Members
3333 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Can't view old forums posts in search results

Carol_Hibbard
Frequent Advisor

Can't view old forums posts in search results

When I search in the new forum and the results list shows a forum post from the old ITRC forums, when I select one, I get a white screen that says Done at the bottom and nothing is shown.  I can't view any of the old forum posts.  What do I need to do to be able to view these old forum posts?

13 REPLIES 13
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Carol - because the ITRC forums no longer exist, any links that were included within messages to specific ITRC forum urls are now being redirected (you shouldn't be receiving a blank page, but rather a redirect back here to this new community).

We're working on updating posts that contain links to the new homes for those topics, but with ~2.5 million messages imported from the ITRC forums, we're having to prioritize and tackle what we can.

I work for HPE.
I_dont_know

I sympathize with you Carol. All my old bookmarks for reference material and intelligent posts are no longer accessible too.

vms4ever
Visitor

Someone should have thought of all the broken links before they shoved this down our throats!!!!

TomSmith
Regular Advisor

Amen vms4ever,

This new site has been a real mess. HP needs to take a long look at why they even decided to do this. The old forums were a clean, simple, and professional place to exchange information. The new site has done nothing but put things in the way of getting the job done.

How they could have gone live with this without handling old bookmarks is incredible. I had hundreds of links into the old ITRC and now none of them work.

Frustrated!!

Stephan_
Regular Advisor

@vms4ever wrote:

Someone should have thought of all the broken links before they shoved this down our throats!!!!

The job to migrate the links inside the postings is already running, it will need some time and runs from newest postings to the old ones.

It will just need some time.

hth

Stephan

How to assign points on this new forums --> Kudos - what, where, how, and why!
How to find the right forum --> New forum location by ITRC tree

"we wouldn't call it code, if we could read it ..."
Carol_Hibbard
Frequent Advisor

I understand that links to the old forum URL's won't work anymore.   The problem I have is when I search in the new forum and the result is an old forum message, the content at the new URL won't display.

Stephan_
Regular Advisor

That is what I mentioned, they are already working on that - they get migrated from new to old ones.

I found a "might work" solution to translate these old links, please check here:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-Feedback-Suggestions/Google-results-shows-ITRC-old-URL/m-p/4806797#M619

hth,

Stephan

How to assign points on this new forums --> Kudos - what, where, how, and why!
How to find the right forum --> New forum location by ITRC tree

"we wouldn't call it code, if we could read it ..."
TomSmith
Regular Advisor

Can someone explain how this site went live before the links were prepared? I can understand the Google links not working until Google updates them. But the links HP has control over should have been prepared before this site went live.

-Tom

Vijeesh CTK
Trusted Contributor

good work. carry on. do let everyone know once the old posts are migrated to new site.

thank you