1752781 Members
6056 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Change layout of board pages, please

Martina Dröge
Valued Contributor

Change layout of board pages, please

I have a big problem reading the new board just because of the unfortunate layout:

While it is very interesting who the AUTHOR of some message is, for me it is more important what the SUBJECT of the message is (because I am looking for information about Software here and not about people).

That leads me to the following suggestion:

Change the columns of author and subject to have the subject in the middle of the page AND make that column 3 times as wide as the other columns. That way, the rows would be much smaller, not so many line breaks in the subject line and the reading / scanning of the page would be much easier and more user friendly.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Martina Dröge

7 REPLIES 7
Bertha Tsang
Frequent Advisor

Re: Change layout of board pages, please

I must admit I'm inclined to agree!

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Peter Marko
Honored Contributor

this has been mentioned several times before, even before all the updates were applied and no sign of change so people keep complaining ;)
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>even before all the updates were applied and no sign of change so people keep complaining ;)

What updates?

As long as they complain in the same place.  :-)

Peter Marko
Honored Contributor

>What updates?

recent topics vs recent posts, 2nd wave of thread migration, ...

> As long as they complain in the same place. :-)

So you say we are crying well but on the wrong grave? ;)
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>recent topics vs recent posts, 2nd wave of thread migration, ...

That didn't really change the layout, just more ways to waste space.  ;-)

The only recent update in the layout was to break firefox on the board display.  :-(

>So you say we are crying well but on the wrong grave? ;)

Strength in whining together?  :-)

Otherwise the admins would have to do clickety clickety:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/tag/layout/tg-p/board-id/community-feedback-suggestions

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/tag/layout/tg-p/

TomSmith
Regular Advisor

Whining here does not seem to be getting a lot accomplished, it seems to me HP has decided to generally ignore their customers. I am sure a few minor things will get done, like removing emoticons, and making comments like "if you send me what your searching for I can look for it" or "if you stand on your head and spit nickels then search you may find what you need".

I am sorry for being so cynical, and I am trying not to dump on those who are trying to help, but HP has really screwed this up and they do not seem to have any intension of making any real changes.

It would be really nice for HP to stand up and admit they screwed up and then set a plan in motion to fix it, but I am not holding my breath. (And I certainly hope they don't hold theirs waiting for my support renewals.)