1751720 Members
6280 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Feedback on new site

Brian Phipps
Occasional Visitor

Feedback on new site

It's painfully slow and I can't find documents that google can locate.

110 REPLIES 110
Aissa
Frequent Advisor

Re: Feedback on new site

Same,

Like spock and now ITRC, why HP is transforming easy and working things to things that nobody can use ..............

I think only the guy who develop that can work with it !!!!!

Karma nothing else
Occasional Contributor

I am looking for information, which was easily found with those pages before, e.g..::

site:forums11.itrc.hp.com data protector Please add some new disk space to this library

2 hits

On this new pages, I am struggling. Nothing to find ;-(

Brian Phipps
Occasional Visitor

I'm having to resort to pages cached by google, because I can't locate the document on this site.

Another succesful upgrade !!!!!

2r_arne

Who got some jerk headed web designer into this old and well functioning Technical forum...????

Just a lot of extra crap which slow down the sharing of knowledge.

This is purely made for marketing and sales so that more commercials can steal space of the screen and make it more confusing to find what you really search for.

The value for HP have been that the Community contributes with knowledge and as such strengthen their market position. Suddenly some Public Relation guys have got their hands into this which previously was a genuine initiative from the masses - and wrapped it into their marketing :(

GOOD TECHNICAL ADVISE DO NOT NEED MARKETING !!!!

The rumours about ITRC as a splendid place of getting help have been sufficient for decades.

This is simply screwing up the site.

Do you really think that life is getting easier with graphical smileys ?

Stephan_
Regular Advisor

@karma nothing else wrote:

I am looking for information, which was easily found with those pages before, e.g..::

site:forums11.itrc.hp.com data protector Please add some new disk space to this library

2 hits

On this new pages, I am struggling. Nothing to find ;-(

Try to give it a chance and don't compare apple and oranges.

You use the advanced search on google with the site: keyword - this would be here switching to the forum you want to search (in your case Data Protector), then enter your search phrase as a phrase in the top right box using " " and here we go:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=Board%3Aitrc-251&q=%22Please+add+some+new+disk+space+to+this+library%EF%BB%BF%22

2 Hits

Are these the one you were looking for?

We all just need to learn a little bit  and accept some changes.

hth

Stephan

How to assign points on this new forums --> Kudos - what, where, how, and why!
How to find the right forum --> New forum location by ITRC tree

"we wouldn't call it code, if we could read it ..."
Mohamed Amine
Advisor

How about old links for which I forgot the keywords. I received a link yesterday, it's not working now : how can I get the new link ?
Google + ITRC was a wonderful combination. Now the whole job has to be done again.
Stephan_
Regular Advisor

Hi Mohamed,

perhaps we can try it together if you share the link and the topic what should be behind.

I will be happy to give give it a try.

Best,

Stephan

How to assign points on this new forums --> Kudos - what, where, how, and why!
How to find the right forum --> New forum location by ITRC tree

"we wouldn't call it code, if we could read it ..."
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

Drop the glitzy, animated icons!  I won't linger long on a post or a site that is supposed to be dedicated to professional discourse but is littered with animation, and marketing.

Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

My first usage confirms what the sneak previews suggested.

Mostly mediocre management pleasing nonsense.

WAY too much whitespace, WAY too little meat on on any given page.

Folks, It is about the CONTENT not about the window dressing.

Way too much scrolling down and back over to get to the meat.

Can we PLEASE start with getting rid of the 645x136 pixel 'Join the Conversation' nonsense?

With the trimming that seems to take half the page on a (nowadays sadly common) 1366x768 laptop screen.

How is that helping anyone?

The only button I need is the 'View All' in the "RECENT TOPICS", but that's at the very bottom.

And once you pick a topic the 'next' will stay in the category for the topic, not in the 'view all' list :-(.

Maybe it is just me, but I am category agnostic, even OS agnostics to some extent.

Once I am in 'HPUX' I want to see all new HPUX no matter what flavor.

Once I put my OpenVMS hat back on, I want to see all its topics. 

The 'view all' comes close to that, but it does not 'stick'. :-(.

Also to be removed, the the near-empty repeat category line.

The final category is on the navigation line already. We can read.

Solved posted are very interesting... but only at the end of a specific search IMHO.

In general the 'Solved' post should be WAY down at the bottom, if it has value at all.

It is utterly useless on the 'Community Home' and next level down.

At those levels thinks are way to wide/broad to expect any entry in 'solved' to be of interested to a random passer by. But I'm sure it pleases the managers that paid the designers.

Cheers,

Hein