4520 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Feedback on new site

TomSmith
Regular Advisor

Warren,

You commented that the Coca-Cola example wasn't a true "roll back" but was a similar product. At this point I, and I would assume based on the feedback on this forum, and many others would be thrilled if you gave us something similar to the old ITRC forums. Of course the old URL's would need to be there as well, not sure if the corn syrup analogy works there.

Seriously, there does seem to be an indifference coming from the community admins (or whatever the role or rank is) when responding to the multitude of complaints about the new community. It seems pretty clear that HP miscalculated when this new community was designed, and lost sight of what made the forum a valuable successful tool. The plan for migration also seems to have been an after thought, or maybe it was rushed.

All of the frills like avatars etc. are just getting in the way of getting the job done. As an HP support customer I would like to know that HP is listening and cares.

twodogmike
Advisor

I have given it a chance. As some of the other users have mentioned, it is much easier to go to GOOGLE to find a match and then go to a third party site if possible. This is just ridiculous.

twodogmike
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

You know what else is annoying?  Having these threads broken up into multiple pages.  I've gone into my profile and changed all the blah per blah numbers I can to their highest limits, yet this thread, for example is still getting broken into two pages.  Having to switch from scroll bar to page click then back to scroll bar is a giant PITA.

Pete
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Not only that, but when reviewing this particular category, Community Feedback % Suggestions, there is a number representing "new postings which, when clicked, is supposed to jump me to the first unread message.  It doesn't.  It jumps me to the bottom of the first page, to a posting I've already read.  I then have to click on page 2 and manually scroll down to find the unread message.

Pete
Stephan.
Honored Contributor

Pete,

there is an option in your profile for that.

Profile > Preferences > Linear Layout > 

"Jump to first unread post in a topic"

hth

Stephan

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

I assume that would make it always behave that way and that is NOT what I want. 

I simply want the stupid website to behave by it's own self-proclaimed rules.  When I click on something that says it's going to behave this way, I expect it to do just that.

Pete
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

We've updated the "posts per page" to 25 - I would agree that 10 per page was resulting in too much pagination.

Not sure why clicking on the "New Posts" column from a board view would behave that way - I will look into it.

I work for HPE.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Under  >Profile  >Preferences  >Topic Layout, I have already increased "posts per page" to the max allowed, which is 200.  Not sure what "posts per page" you're referring to, Kevin - is there another one?

Current count for this thread is around 58 replies, so I would guess that I was being cut off at 50, which makes no sense since I had specified 200 "posts" per "page".  Are my definitions of these terms faulty - again?

Under >Profile  >Preferences  >Linear Layout, I do have 50 posts per topic, that might be what I'm running into.  If so, that's ridiculous.  

Still don't know where you raised things to 25!

Pete
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Pete - ignore the "Topic Layout" settings.

You want to use the "Linear Layout" options - that will create the response you're looking for.

Topics per page - this will control how many topics (posts/discussions) are displayed on a single page when you're at a board level (Community Feedback & Suggestions, for example).

I work for HPE.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

So you changed the default to 25.  I would like the maximum raised to unlimited.  I don't have the patience to page through things - that's what scroll bars are for!

Pete