1753808 Members
7355 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Forum feedback

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Ahh right - I had to go back to look at a screen shot.  You're correct - there was an entry of "Author" in the heading of the post - it was actually because that spot *normally* displayed how many points that post had been awarded (or "Unassigned"), and since the person who started the thread couldn't award points to their own posts, that spot then displayed "N/A: Question Author".

I'll look into if we have an option to do something similar, where posts by the author are called out in some way.

I work for HPE.
V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

Hi Kevin,

a short feedback:

Today I had it with the first view to the forum board (-> screenshot) - no login, no cache, no cookies (all deleted with the last close of IE).

Only once, only this single board.

I don't use compatibility view ...

Vo.

*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Thanks Vo - I've submitted your additional details to the open case on this issue.

I work for HPE.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I don't see any way to recognize whether a post is from the author of the thread or not.

You can get the posts in hierarchical order but that doesn't help scanning for unread posts.

This reply should be under yours.  Otherwise in liner order, it will be "last".

At the bottom of this post I see the whole hierarchy but only this post.

V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

Hi Kevin,

a short feedback:

Today I had it again with the first view to a forum board - with login, no cache, no cookies (all deleted with the last close of IE).

Only once, only this single board.

Vo.

*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

New Forum Feedback Topic

Each morning I go through all the categories within "Community Home  >  Operating Systems  >  HP-UX", looking for new posts.  Once I've signed in, the new post count is indicated in that "board?" view.  I click on the "topic?", "General" or "LVM and VxVM" for example and read each post which has a "new reply" count greater than zero.  Occasionally, when I return to the HP-UX "board?", the new post count does not get reset to zero unless I manually go back into the "topic" and select "mark all as read".

Here's a screen shot showing "LVM and VxVM" with 1 unread

Pete
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Part 2

I then click on "LVM and VxVM" and see this

Pete
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Part 3

As you can see, there are no New replies.   Yet when I go back to the "HP-UX" view, the count remains at 1.  Reloading the page has no effect, clicking to go directly to the post that supposedly has the latest reply has no effect, nothing works but going back into LVM and VxVM and selecting the "mark all as read" option.

Mind you, this is occasional and arbitrary.  The morning it occured with the "General" category, worked just fine with "Languages and Scripting" and failed again with "LVM and VxVM"

Pete
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Sorry about the 3 parts - I guess I should have done attachments, but I like it better when the screen shot is right there, in your face, as it were.  :smileywink:

Pete
Peter Marko
Honored Contributor

Happens to me too - after morning logging in I have several posts I read yesterday marked as new ...