1747999 Members
4645 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP: please dump Lithium - Gamification

Joseph P. Smith
Regular Advisor

Folks -The 10% are being exploited clear and simple.  If I, as one of the 90%, receive help from the 10%, then HP has avoided a cost.  See also the link below for the clearly manipulative goals that form the foundation of this enterprise

http://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/Building-Community-the-Platform/Gamification-from-a-Company-of-Pro-Gamers/ba-p/19258

As I learned in my academic days as a behavioral psychology maven, HP must be made aware that the "M&M" that the astute participants receive will soon lose its reinforcing effect because the altruistic factor has been co-opted in the name of profit.  B.F. Skinner rejected the use of operant reinforcement for private gain as ethically perverse.  From a tactic from my radical days I suggest boycotting this site, and that we 90% strictly use HP support lines until Lithium is deposed (I know - fat chance). 

Alex Geroulaitis
Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone again for the feedback.  I got the general idea that HP either doesn't understand the need to change (the platform for this forum with an eye towards ease of use), or doesn't have the balls to.

Maybe it's time to start an HP forum that's independent from HP.

Systems Administrator
(if my post was helpful, please "mark as a solution" or give "kudos" - thanks)
Stephan.
Honored Contributor

For the hpux guys I can spend a nice and short url, if really demand exist I would even setup a forum. But there are so many other forums around which are all more or less not frequently visited omparing to the old itrc.