4167 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ITRC to HP Communities Migration Desaster

Martin Schark
Frequent Advisor

ITRC to HP Communities Migration Desaster

Hi,

after that "great" ITRC to Comunities migration virtually all forum entries are gone.

The Google cache still knows them ... which is raising the level of frustration.

As an example: search bbc-288 (ITRC >100 entries ... now ... Communities 0 entry)

Is there any activity to fix this an restore the lost information for use without login first ?

Martin

8 REPLIES 8
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Martin - regarding the old ITRC content still showing in 3rd party searches (such as Google), and missing content - please see http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Announcements/An-update-on-the-ITRC-forums-migration/td-p/4818981

I can't duplicate your problem searching for "bbc-288" - here are the results I'm seeing when running that query:

bbc search.JPG

I work for HPE.
Gavin Jones : SIB

I believe there is an issue with the new search.

I performed one search, removed the search string, performed another search and was rewarded with > 10,000 hits with the word 'search' in them. Not what I searched for.

Screenshot attached.

WirlH
Frequent Advisor

I would call myself quite experienced when it comes to internet communities, but the whole search here that seems to be split into a few sub-searches with "search for ..." overwriting your entered text is inacceptable.

The ITRC forums were more often than not what kept me from contacting support.

Now i'm not able to find anything anymore.

I enter for example the error message

"Error 487 in call MapViewOfFileEx - Attempt to access invalid address."

in Google and get results for ITRC.

I click on the link and end up at this redirect site (which is a joke, because it doesn't redirect) i started to hate.

Okay, no problem, let's search in the new site.

"Error 487 in call MapViewOfFileEx - Attempt to access invalid address." and "Board" -> 0 results

"Error 487 in call MapViewOfFileEx - Attempt to access invalid address." and "Community" -> 0 results

So where are the at least 4 results google finds ?

For me the ITRC forums died pretty much with this "upgrade".

TomSmith
Regular Advisor

The ITRC didn't just die, it was murdered.

V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

@WirlH: you have to use 'in cache' from Google at the moment, till HP has redirected the links to the new pages here.
This one is in cache:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:CX2KKKydFLMJ:forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do%3FthreadId%3D1309981+Error+487+in+call+MapViewOfFileEx+-+Attempt+to+access+invalid+address&cd=1&hl=de&ct=clnk&gl=de&source=www.google.de

HTH
V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

Of course it was very unlucky from HP to send the old server into retirement instead of let them run - let's say maybe 1 more year.
And of course none of the people who made the decision will appear here to pick up the well deserved old tomatos, citrons and raspberries from us ...
But:
I hope we are technicians enough to handle this nevertheless.

V.

*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

@gavin jones : SIB wrote:

I believe there is an issue with the new search.

I performed one search, removed the search string, performed another search and was rewarded with > 10,000 hits with the word 'search' in them. Not what I searched for.

Gavin - this is a known issue that Lithium is addressing.  Hoping to have an update/resolution soon.

I work for HPE.
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

WirlH - it looks like what's happening is the search box here in the community is interpreting Error 487 in call MapViewOfFileEx - Attempt to access invalid address as:

Give me results for "Error 487 in call MapViewOfFileEx to access invalid address"  that don't contain  "Attempt" (because of the minus sign is being used as an exclude option.

As the "advanced search" page allows you to exclude words/phrases, I think this behavior probably causes unnecessary frustration with the "basic" search box, so I'll see if that can be changed.

In the meantime, putting your search string in quotes ("Error 487 in call MapViewOfFileEx - Attempt to access invalid address") is a temporary work-around.

I work for HPE.