1753779 Members
7622 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Major Loss of Functionality/Convenience vis-a-vis ITRC

Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

Major Loss of Functionality/Convenience vis-a-vis ITRC

The loss of "family" (or even "topic") entries by recent activity makes it far more cumbersome to be an active participant.

For all its deficiencies, the former system, ITRC, allowed me to see a whole collection of active items on a single page, which allowed me to check for new items far more efficiently.

On a somewhat related note, since the Respond screen now no longer shows the dialogue up to this point, I find myself doing a far clumsier (and time consuming) process to write responses effectively referencing particular points raised in the stream of conversation.

Both of these are serious drawbacks to efficiently using the new system.

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com

2 REPLIES 2
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Major Loss of Functionality/Convenience vis-a-vis ITRC

Hi Robert:

You are absolutely correct.  The sheer number of active participants, particularly the vetern community membership utilization, has plummeted.  I'd say the new approach is a failure and that's a shame.

Regards!

...JRF...

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Major Loss of Functionality/Convenience vis-a-vis ITRC

>The loss of "family" (or even "topic") entries by recent activity

You can get this on a board basis.

>since the Respond screen now no longer shows the dialogue up to this point, I find myself doing a far clumsier (and time consuming) process

I just use tabs and go back and forth.  You can get the topic in a popup, which for me is just another tab.