Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

Re: New Format

> Right. Like other system [...]

Where "other" =  "well-designed".

If these features were any more obvious, then perhaps even HP would

have them.

I may need to spend more time away from these forums, just to save
myself from repetitive motion injuries caused by all the head-shaking.

V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

>>and where is my 'floated boards' list?
>I don't remember this.

It was at the first forum page, where all boards and 'Last Topics' and ... appeared.
Under 'Board Options' I still can 'Remove this Board Float', but I don't see it at the 'Top' anymore.
I see it at the top of the discussion boards, but I don't see ALL at first glance!
Also I don't see unread topics of the floated boards anymore.
This both items - all interesting boards and the information about new topics/answers in these boards were the most useful points of the new forum --- gone ---.

BTW. - HP are you listening?
Why does the 'HP Support Forum' 'Powered by Lithium' works without auto-logout? Are the contributors there less vulnerable?

>whose customer database was hacked
Isn't it a server problem?
Or do you really mean a hacker can hack your server because I'm logged in? I really hpoe your sever is better protected than it sounds like...

About the re-design - what's about the 'join the conversation' label?
We ARE logged in, so we have already 'joined' the conversation (also it seems like the conversation with HP is a one-way direction).
Kevin mentioned you would think about my hint that we don't need it - why is it still there?

The black background - not eye-friendly, not user friendly -- maybe ink-selling friendly? I don't know ...
Check the 'Top Contributors' list at the first page - violett on black -- unbelievable - who gets money for such a design???

HP - PLEASE - listen!!!!
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Warren_Admin, please realize that you are shooting yourself in the foot with these draconian account timeout policies. It is a huge hindrance to participating in the community if one has login all the time.

Steven Schweda has described the solution very well. Just take this as a clue-stick over to the HPP people and beat them thoroughly with it. And then find your DNS admins and bring some sense to them...

Leslie Fischer
Frequent Advisor

This is one of the worst site I ever had the displeasure of trying to us.

Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

> This site [...]

Yes, it's almost as annoying as vacuous complaints about it.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: New Format (unread topics)

>Also I don't see unread topics of the floated boards anymore.

I see the count.  But I don't see either topics/posts for any boards listed in a category.

And I just turned it on in my Preferences > Home Page Settings.

>what's about the 'join the conversation' label?

The pages are static and they want to capture the user's eyes when he isn't logged in?

Wait, that's you, you just timed out.  :-)

Stephan.
Honored Contributor

Next point on the list ... the "View All" personal postings list in the profile (if you click on your name) now is vanished.

This was the LAST option for me to keep track of my answers to check if there is a reply to it and if someone I started to help still needs some answers.

WHY is it gone?

Now I can check how many views a Kudoed post of me got - thanks, that's amazing ... 

Enough Forum for today!

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: New Format (View all)

>the "View All" personal postings list in the profile now is vanished.

It's there now.  I can see both yours and mine.

Stephan.
Honored Contributor

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: New Format (View all)

>shows up as new on top of the list marked as new

It may have been moved to that board recently.  (I may have asked some days ago.)