1748123 Members
3346 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: New Forum Locations by ITRC Tree

Phaff
Occasional Advisor

HP are a bunch of idiots for doing this, now whenever you use Google to search a issue you can write off that link. What a dumb idea it was.. searching within HP Ports is as much use as binoculars to a blind man.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>now whenever you use Google to search a issue you can write off that link.

Just add: site:h30499.www3.hp.com

Deepthoughtm

Thank God for the Google cache.  I wasn't able to find the info on the API without it.  Big Time. Searching for old articles in new forum leaves a bad taste in my mouth. HP just doesn't get it.

BGroot
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

What are you having a issue with using the community search to find specific threads? Could you give an example? Would like to understand if we can help you using the search ability in the community to find what you are looking for.

Greetings,

Bill

dan_linder
Frequent Advisor

BGroot,

I've been a long-time user of the old ITRC forums, but it seemed to me that the old search engine was horribly broken and i couldn't find threads or error messages even when I searched for them exactly....so I started using Google and the "site:hp.com" advanced search feature. I'm hoping the new search engine will be better.

Three things I would like to see added:

1: Ability to filter search results by their date posted.  If I'm researching an issue with an old OM/W 7 server, rarely do messages from the last few months relate.

2: Setup the current "ITRC redirect announcement" page to have an automatic rewrite of the incoming URL to point to the article in the new formus section.

3: Use the Google search engine for your site - it's very powerful if you know how to use the advanced search fields (see item 1)

Just my $0.02 worth.

Dan

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I started using Google and the "site:hp.com" advanced search feature.

Just change to: site:h30499.www3.hp.com

>1: Ability to filter search results by their date posted. 

Only in units of day, week, month, year or all.  :-(

>2: Setup the current "ITRC redirect announcement" page to have an automatic rewrite of the incoming URL

For all 2+ Mega posts?  (Yes, someone requested this.)

stanhad
Occasional Visitor

Absolutelly failed new face and ITRC at all... difucult searches in forum, difficult searches for  SW.... mad... 

I am sure the old one was 10 times better... sorry for my honest opinion -

BGroot
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

You are entitled to your own opinion of course. What are you having a hard time finding, perhaps we can help out?

You can use the search functionality at different levels in the community, at community ( all of the community) , at a category level or in the forum at a forum level,

Could you provide more feedback on what you find difficult about using the search option in the community.

Appreciate your feedback.

Greetings,

Bill

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>difficult searches for SW...

By SW did you mean downloading software, patches and drivers?

The EBC forum has nothing to do with those sites but you can ask questions about how to find this info.

RRGabe
Occasional Advisor

It could be great if we can trace the old ITRC Id's into the new HP Community. See for example this thread:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Itanium-Based/glance-plus-installation/td-p/1120739

The response leads to many ITRC documents which are broken and this kind of threads don't help much.