1753819 Members
9748 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

New forum - can't find anything

IanE
Occasional Contributor

New forum - can't find anything

Wanted to add my voice to the frustration with the new forum. Having for many years bookmarked useful posts the links are all broken and now just take me to the new forum home page.

4 REPLIES 4
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Re: New forum - can't find anything

Ian - a few pointers that will hopefully help.

Take a look at this post for a list of previous ITRC forum categories/boards for an index of the new boards.

We also now have a working search feature (the ITRC search was extremely problematic) - use the search box near the top of the page, and that should allow you find specific topics or areas of the community - the search feature looks like this: search_box.JPG

We're also working on the redirects from old ITRC urls, so instead of just bringing users to the top level of the new community, we'll load a page with some of this same information. 

I work for HPE.
Carol_Hibbard
Frequent Advisor

I hope the fix you are working on for the old forum messages will also fix the problem that all Google search results for old forum messages take me to the new forum home page.  Worthless.

Is there a way to easily find an old forum message if I have the topic number.  Can I search based on that in the new forum?

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Is there a way to easily find an old forum message if I have the topic number?

Only by searching the google cache.  This topic may help:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-Feedback-Suggestions/Google-results-shows-ITRC-old-URL/m-p/4804237/message-uid/4804237#U4804237

cornasdf

i will add my frustration as well.  it is all the more galling when you see someone like symantec/veritas update their forums but still provide a 'bounce' to the correct page.  i have run into this issue several times over the past several weeks and it is simply unacceptable conduct for a firm like HP.