1748215 Members
3537 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Sort Order when using "View All"

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Sort Order when using "View All"

The only way I have found to simulate the functionality of the former ITRC, where I could just sit at the HP-UX home page and refresh to see the most recently update threads, is to go to "Operating Systems" > "HP-UX", scroll down to Recent Topics and click on View All.  However, there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to the order in which messages appear.   Right now, for example, the messages were last replied to 59 minutes ago, 3 hours, 2 hours, 3 hours, and 1 hour ago.  Why isn't the most current always on top?

Pete

Pete
6 REPLIES 6
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Sort Order when using "View All"

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Thanks, Dennis.  It sure sucks, though!

Pete

Pete
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>It sure sucks, though!

I assume they'll be fixing it.

In the meantime, I mistakenly set all post as read but I can use that to look at all boards with new posts.

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

> in order by topic

I don't think that's right, either.  Right now I'm looking at HP-UX > All Topics and the following are listed:

General                     2 hours ago

LVM and VxVM          3 hours ago

Frankly, that looks pretty much completely random to me.

Pete
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>that looks pretty much completely random to me.

It is in order by topic but you are looking at the by last post dates.  The column title even says that.

(I find it more helpful to not have relative dates.  Are you asking for them on purpose?)

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

It probably doesn't matter - I don't think I have the patience to participate in this farce anyway.

Everyone questioned why HP felt the need to change something that we, the community, had worked very hard, along with HP, to make the best source of technical knowledge exchange around.  Nobody answered, except to say that it would have wonderful new features - features that no one had asked for.

Has anyone else noticed the extreme lack of participation?  Neither questioners nor answerers seem to be in abundance around here.  Gee, I wonder why that is.

Pete