Feedback
1752782 Members
6552 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Thaaaaaanks HP. Was this really necessary?

SOLVED
Go to solution
TomSmith
Regular Advisor

Well put Otis.

V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

You're complaining about a google "feature" - why has google still these links in his storage (as many many other informations about us we don't know)
You should ask google!
They have links that no longer exists, HP only added a page with more informations.
Else you would see a simple 'Network Error'.

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
TomSmith
Regular Advisor

OK so it boils down to this, IMHO, if HP had allowed the old links to remain accessible, then the Google issue would never have come up, and all of us who have saved links within ITRC for YEARS would still be able to use them.

Just think how much better the transition would have been.

G.Kornacki
Occasional Visitor

It's absurd.  I have a link saved that provided me with a solution for getting Data Protector on a Linux client to expand it's file system list when creating a new backup.  I've now been seraching for that solution for three days. 

It was a manual change to a file installed by Data Protector. 

This change was such a bad call. 

I too have saved links for years and have been bringing them up so I can review and keep a record of problems solved.  All gone now because HP decided to remove the links to all the articles/posts.  Crazy. 

Stephan.
Honored Contributor

It's really scary how many tech guys would loose their job if google would be shut down tomorrow ... 

TomSmith
Regular Advisor

I guess some of us just are not as intelligent as you Stephan.

Stephan.
Honored Contributor

Perhaps, perhaps not or perhaps a lot are even more intelligent then me but at least I can run my company with or without Google and I'm able to accept a change, learning something new without complaining in a way that makes perhaps feel you better for 5min but does not change anything.

Think about ;-)

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I too have saved links for years

If you have the threadId you can still look them up on google.  Unfortunately since they are all expired from the cache, you'll then need to do another search with the title from the first.

TomSmith
Regular Advisor

I have thought about it quite a bit actually, and I am quite accepting of change, when it is for the better. If it is not for the better, I am not going to sit idly by and say nothing, if the emperor has no clothes then I am going to speak up and say so.

Oh, and you may want to be more careful when you accuse someone of not being accepting of change, when you clearly have not accepted the new "Spell Check" feature.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>when you clearly have not accepted the new "Spell Check" feature.

That's simple enough to fix.  :-)

Are you sure he didn't do this on purpose just to: use the new Edit Reply feature and then Spell Check.

(Unfortunately the EBC Rich Text editor doesn't let my firefox spell check (as I type) work.  )-: