Feedback
1752423 Members
5868 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: This 'new' community website is a RetroGrade step, give us an ITRC arvhive site we can search

John O'Neill_6
Regular Advisor

This 'new' community website is a RetroGrade step, give us an ITRC arvhive site we can search

Sorry for the rant here, but seriously... what is going on over in HP Land.

I've been supporting and using HP equipment in the enterprise since 2002 and even from my early days the ITRC forums were and continued to be an incredibly handy repository of information, tips, advice and absolute pieces of pure solid gold in terms of everything from systems administration to trouble shooting.

You could put in almost any diagnostic message, error message or event code relating to HP gear into google and the first 3 or 4 results were ITRC posts, the old ITRC format helped me enourmously.

Now, all the search results are broken, maybe there is a work around that i've not read about but so far this new community forum is useless to me.

I search on error codes - that USED TO GIVE ME A VALID RESULT in the old ITRC forum - in your search tool and nothing, nada, zip comes up.

I don't care about seeing 'recently' solved posts where 90% of them relate to consumer grade gear (ie, printers, display panels etc), I care about things like SAN's, switches, Unix, Linux, windows admin, AD, Exchange and all those things.  And so far I can't access those gold nuggets that were 'always there' with the old ITRC.

Please, give us a fully searchable ITRC archive or something that doesn't have all the bookmarks hopelessly broken.

Or get some kind of redirect going where our google search results take us to the appropriate place in the new forum structure!

Oh, and WHAT  is this stuff about the 'Kardashians' doing here!? This is supposed to be a technical discussion group for people actually using your equipment and systems in the enterprise, lock this forum down or you will see it flodded with stupid SPAM and links to websites wanting to see Russian brides or similiar garbage.

Thankyou for listening / reading my rant.

-John O'Neill

ITRC user since 2002

Really annoyed :(

2 REPLIES 2
Stephan.
Honored Contributor

Re: This 'new' community website is a RetroGrade step, give us an ITRC arvhive site we can search

Hi John,

not sure if it will help but at least there is an official answer for some points.

Check it out: An update on the ITRC forums migration

hth,

Stephan

TomSmith
Regular Advisor

Amen John!