1753913 Members
9135 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: This redirect is terrible

Justin Redus
Advisor

This redirect is terrible

Strongest feature of this forum was the ability to google  inurl:itrc  "my openview problem"      and get fantastic results.    Since google > hp at search ~1 million fold.

Epic fail...

3 REPLIES 3
Justin Redus
Advisor

At the very least, once logged in, allow google results to link to redirect to the old post.

Or if someone can show me how to get the same results from a search box on this site, as I can from googleing    

inurl:itrc 2738

In this example you see how each itrc server had different results?      Now how are we going to get the same results without something OUTSIDE of the forum properly indexing the content?     Id be surprised (happily) if HP can produce anywhere near the search results from within their own forum, but until that day can we have our tool back?    You have broken a powerful resource for hp products...

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>google inurl:itrc  "my openview problem" 

Instead: "my openview problem" site:h30499.www3.hp.com

>Or if someone can show me how to get the same results from a search box on this site, as I can from googleing   
inurl:itrc 2738

Go to the search box and enter 2738, select Community.  See the FAQ:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/Searching-in-the-HP-Enterprise-Business-Community/m-p/4825025

Justin Redus
Advisor

"2738" site:h30499.www3.hp.com

Much appreciated!  Hopefully this will help others who prefer google for searching!