New Discussion

Re: Two issues: Black on Black

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joseph P. Smith
Regular Advisor

Two issuses: Black on Black & mouse-overs

Dear helpers,

1. Input boxes for searches and this post's "Subject", ( and perhaps other input areas) appear as black backgrounds with black text.  Could life be more grand?  Yes, it could, because ...

2. When mousing to the "Discussion Boards" drop down selections, if the cursor hovers for more than .0001 seconds (well, not actually measured, but quite quickly) over a grey area, the selections disappear, and there's no ability to select.

third issue just noticed:

3. Why does the "Spell Check" tool obliterate the message "Autosaved at 11:58 A.M." ?

I know the content of ths now differs from my "Subject" and  would like to change my "Subject", but editting the black on black is too challenging.   You know, compared to the some of the rest of human existence this is nothing, really.  But - gosh, gee whiz why can't things be right?  I know there's a fix somewhere.  You can change me from "Regular Advisor" to "Frequent Complainer"

Joe S.

16 REPLIES 16
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: Two issues: Black on Black & mouse-over

>1. Input boxes for searches and this post's "Subject", appear as black backgrounds with black text.

I don't remember any problems with subject in firefox.  And Search works fine right now.

>2. When mousing to the "Discussion Boards" drop down selections, if the cursor hovers for more than .0001 seconds over a grey area, the selections disappear, and there's no ability to select.

I don't see that with firefox 8.0?  I can hover where I want and then select.

>3. Why does the "Spell Check" tool obliterate the message "Autosaved at 11:58 A.M." ?

This was already reported.

>I know the content of this now differs from my "Subject" and  would like to change my "Subject", but editing the black on black is too challenging.

I don't see that at all.  I have black on light blue/gray and I have no problems correcting your typo.

Joseph P. Smith
Regular Advisor

Re: Two issues: Black on Black & mouse-over

Good Morning,

Thanks Dennis.  My FF also works correctly.  So there's a browser dependency.  Some sites catch this, and post a warning, but perhaps the version of IE that's needed is in a FAQ.  I did try a search before posting this, but alas I was trapped (or so I thought).

I'll upgrade IE and see if that helps, or use Firefox when I'm on these forums.  Our ERP, Lawson, requires IE so that has to stay.  Case closed as far as I'm concerned & thanks again.

Joe S.

Joseph P. Smith
Regular Advisor

Re: Two issuses: Black on Black & mouse-overs

Upgrade to IE 8 resolves background/text color and mouse-over issues with also. ,,, Joe S.
Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

Re: Two issuses: Black on Black & mouse-overs

We have identified a number of examples of font colors (especially black) that are not browser dependent, and are changing them as quickly as we can identify which module of the interface is causing them. The black-on-black text may have not been obvious to our testers. We were not familiar with the new design, and therefore in some cases we didn't know what we were missing.

Thank you,
Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Opinions are my own and not intended to represent HP

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

I found another nasty case of black on black when doing searches:

I was searching the whole community for hpfmom10.hlp:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?allow_punctuation=true&q=hpfmom10.hlp

Under "psc 2510 software slows windows xp", I use "Show results in replies (3)".

I then get three gray right arrows and the rest all black.  I have to highlight the window to see the text.

firefox 8.0, chrome and safari.

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

This example has been noted and sent to platform support for resolution. Thank you for bringing it to the Feedback board.

Thanks,

Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any opinions expressed are mine, and not intended to represent HP

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Here is another black on black in the description at the top of this category:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Fortify-Software-Security-Center/ct-p/sws-Fortify

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Here is another black on black in some Knowledge Base articles:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/General-Knowledge-Base/Trouble-Installing-Command-View-10/ta-p/5513855

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-Quality-Center-Forum/JVM-Launch-Error-Couldn-t-create-java-virtual-machine/ta-p/5330445

I'm not sure if this is just with the "Insert Code" box?  The first title in the box is Solution.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Here is another in the Knowledge base dashboards:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/tkb/dashboardpage/board-id/itrc-209

When you click on the subject you get a START ARTICLE button with two tabs:

Topic

Question & Answer

One of the tabs is blue on black, until you hover over it, then it disappears.  The other is black on black.

If you select one, the other appears.