Feedback
1748209 Members
2726 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Why am I seeing tags.bluekai.com redirect when I am trying to view some posts?

Kevin_Adams
Honored Contributor

Why am I seeing tags.bluekai.com redirect when I am trying to view some posts?

I am using Windows 7, IE8 with cookies enabled and pretty much standard corporate settings, recently I've noticed if I look at some posts the page will auto redirect to bluekai.com and say the page cannot be found.

If I close the browser, clear cookies etc and try again I can sometimes see the page but this also happens in bizsupport pages and looks to be a redirect based on the subject I am looking for i.e a redirect programmed by HP using bluekai.

Here's an example, I open this post -

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Multifunction-and-All-in-One/Can-Laserjet-Pro-400-MFP-M425-scan-create-Searchable-PDFs/td-p/5767763

The page shows for a few seconds then I am directed to this page.

http://tags.bluekai.com/site/5511?ret=html&phint=v31%3DHP%20Communities%20-%20Can%20Laserjet%20Pro%20400%20MFP%20M425%20scan%20%2F%20create%20Search...%20-%20Enterprise%20Business%20Community&phint=v32%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fh30499.www3.hp.com%2Ft5%2FMultifunction-and-All-in-One%2FCan-Laserjet-Pro-400-MFP-M425-scan-create-Searchable-PDFs%2Ftd-p%2F5767763&phint=v52%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fh30499.www3.hp.com%2Ft5%2F...

Effectively this is making the forum unusable, I cannot seem to get past this - if however I use Firefox then I get a pop up survey window quite often so I am sure this is bad code and I can't be the only one suffering this.

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
9 REPLIES 9
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Why am I seeing tags.bluekai.com redirect when I am trying to view some posts?

>if I look at some posts the page will auto redirect to bluekai.com and say the page cannot be found.

You must be doing something wrong.  :-)

I frequently see bluekai, probably due to tags? but it only delays things, never stopping them.

Kevin_Adams
Honored Contributor

In what way can I do something wrong?

My browser is within a corporate Windows 7 image, security is far lower than most users would have i.e not even at medium level , Active x is enabled, Java enabled. I simply go to a forum post and the page displays for a few seconds then a redirect to bluekai with the page cannot be found message.

I've even tried putting bluekai in the trusted sites, I hardly see how sitting on a forum post such as this message constitutes any error at my end.

It only happens on the HP forum, it only happens on IE so I can't assume our firewall is blocking bluekai as the issue does not happen on Firefox.

I appreciate bluekai gathers data for marketing etc but if the code is flawed then it needs resolving otherwise theres no point being on here if every few views it pops up and wont go away until all the cookies are cleared etc.

Kevin_Adams
Honored Contributor

For info the forum was unusable this morning, in fact posting the comment above led to the page not found bluekai link coming up, even after deleting cookies etc the forum would allow one or two items to be viewed then pop this up.

Another item I noticed but it only happened a few times was some posts appeared to have a very old post attached, when I look at them now that old post is not there, as if there was an incorrect link in the database.

Anyway, as the forum was unuseable I upgraded to IE 9, so far the error has not come up - I've done nothing to IE 9 that I didn't do to IE 8, the image is a corporate Win7 image and cookies etc are all enabled and active.

I'll see if the problem returns but it's strange how it suddenly started and has persisted but only on this forum and only on IE.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>In what way can I do something wrong?

Because it works for me and not you?  ;-)  (I haven't seen any other complaints either.)

>it only happens on IE

I'm using firefox.

>but if the code is flawed then it needs resolving

Exactly, if it takes longer than 1 second, it should be skipped.

>it's strange how it suddenly started

I'm glad it's working for you now.

Kevin_Adams
Honored Contributor

The issue was only visible on IE so it's not adding much value to say it doesn't happen for you because you use Firefox, it didn't happen for me when I use Firefox, the question was if anyone has experienced the same issue with IE 8 but rather than wait and go round in circles I Upgraded to IE9.

Since updating to IE9 the issue has not returned so even though I had reset all browser settings on IE8 and there are no cookie restrictions etc perhaps I won't be able to re-create the issue any more on this machine.

My laptop is being replaced this week as an upgrade, it will most likely have IE8 as default, if it does I intend to test a bit and see if the issue returns, if so this will be on a vanilla build with no custom settings and would confirm that it's an issue with the combination of IE 8 and the forum site.

As computers go I'm reasonably competent as UK Tech Support manager so I have enough skills around me in my team on hardware and software to have elminated almost everything before posting on here.

As a final note, I have noticed the survey pops up on IE9 with the frequency that suggests this was the problem with IE8

I must therefore conclude that the issue was HP forum site related with IE 8 as no other sites gave any issues, only this forum and only on IE8.

Machine for info is HP6735b, OS is Windows 7 32 bit corporate.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

I had no problems replying with IE8 just now.

Dean_Stucker

I encountered the same hung web page (tags.bluekai.com) when attempting to connect to customer service chat for Verizon Wireless.  I'm using IE8.  I went to the My-IT team to report malware.  They tried a malware scan (www.malwarebytes.org) and it came up empty.  Still looking for ways to disable this thing.

BrendaDoni

Hi, your problem indicates that your computer has been infected by a browser redirect virus called Tags.bluekai.com. This redirect virus has the ablity to modify settings of your browser settings in order to take control of your browser and change how and what it displays when youтАЩre surfing the web. Here is the guide to completely remove Tags.bluekai.com from your PC.  

lowrys

I had the same IE problem with redirect. But I got redirected to s.coldsearch page. A page explained that redirect issue could be caused by malware infection. In order to avoid redirect and pop-ups, we should be careful of some suspicious resoruces especially Java or Flash Player update that can be downloaded from the network for free.