Feedback
1748118 Members
3612 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Why have I got a new ID and not inherited my previous history/points?

Kevin_Adams_1
Visitor

Why have I got a new ID and not inherited my previous history/points?

I'm quite confused as I made sure I had a passport ID and checked it all working before migrating, I also checked the email on there is the same as my forum profile but when I logged into the new site today it asked me to pick a screen name (which I did "Kevin_Adams") this was accepted, it's then showing me as a new member !

My previous Forum ID is showing as "Kevin_Adams_1" and not linked to my account - considering I've been posting on here since 2004 i'm not best pleased that HP made such a simple task as migrating users so complicated.

Any thoughts ? or is it easier to wave bye bye as I'm not going to start from zero again.

5 REPLIES 5
ResQme
Regular Visitor

I've got the same problem.  For us folks who aren't (weren't) on ITRC everyday and missed doing the necessary migration steps... what can we do to catch up?  I really don't want to start from scratch with my points, etc.

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Kevin_Adams wrote:

My previous Forum ID is showing as "Kevin_Adams_1" and not linked to my account - considering I've been posting on here since 2004 i'm not best pleased that HP made such a simple task as migrating users so complicated.

Kevin - your two profiles are associated with different email addresses, which is why they didn't merge.  As I don't want to expose your email addresses here, I will send you a private message (click the envelope in the top right portion of the page) with the details.

We can get the HP Passport account you're using to post to this account associated with your other profile, but it might take a day or two - but you certainly won't have to start over by any means.

I work for HPE.
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

@ResQme wrote:

I've got the same problem.  For us folks who aren't (weren't) on ITRC everyday and missed doing the necessary migration steps... what can we do to catch up?  I really don't want to start from scratch with my points, etc.

ResQme - what was your ITRC screen name?

I work for HPE.
ResQme
Regular Visitor

ITRC screen name: EdgarZamora

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Thanks ResQme - we'll get your HP Passport account associated with your legacy profile that contains all of your past contributions - please allow for a day or two for completion.

I've also dropped you a private message with some detail as to why you're experiencing this issue...

I work for HPE.