1748227 Members
4332 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

forum access/logon

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

forum access/logon

Please add an option to stay logged in, I generally partiticpate several times a day and it is a hassle to log in after every posting. Under the new method of logging in after reposnding to a post, several times I've closed the window right after I hit reply forgetting about the logon screen. Having to retype a long response doesn't make one have happy thoughts

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: forum access/logon

I would have thought by now anyone answering questions would make sure they were logged in, so they can find unread posts.

I.e. the forum is useless to me unless logged in.  If you don't see your name in the top right, then login.

>Having to retype a long response

My textarea cache in firefox saves these for me.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I generally don't come to the forums and search for unread posts. I usually click the email link about a new post. I may or may not not comment on it. Used to be if you clicked reply and were not logged in you would be prompted, it's not that way now.  You can respond and once you hit post it prompts you to login.  There should be a checkbox that allows you to stay logged in without authenticating everytime you visit the site.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

The session timeout is a function of Passport, which Hewlett Packard Enterprise uses to authenticate and provide session portability. 

Thanks,
Warren_Admin, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Thanks,
Warren_Admin