108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Advanced Server 7.3a Required

SOLVED
Go to solution
Robert Atkinson
Respected Contributor

Advanced Server 7.3a Required

Has anyone got a copy of Advanced Server 7.2a they can FTP to me.

I'm upgrading this weekend and stupidly forgot to check I'd actually got the software!

Thanks, Rob.
3 REPLIES 3
Brad McCusker
Respected Contributor
Solution

Hi Rob -

You ask for V7.2A in the body of your posting, however, the title says V7.3A.

V7.3A is the latest version, and I would recommend you go to the ECO1 for V7.3A.

If you really mean V7.2A, then, you absolutely should contact the customer support center and get the latest ECO for V7.2A (it is only available through the support center.

Advanced Server V7.3A-ECO1 is available at: http://ftp.support.compaq.com/patches/public/Readmes/vms/cpq-axpvms-advancedserver-v0703-a1-1.README

Note - the V7.3A-ECO1 kit is a full kit - you do NOT need to install any other kit first.
Brad McCusker
Software Concepts International
Robert Atkinson
Respected Contributor

Thanks Brad.

I did mean 7.3a - amazing what you type when you're in a panic!

The release notes do say that the ECO needs applying to A/S 7.3a - I assume from your comments that this is a red herring?

Robert.
Brad McCusker
Respected Contributor

>The release notes do say that the ECO needs >applying to A/S 7.3a - I assume from your >comments that this is a red herring?

Not sure what where/what you read that gave you that impression - I'll need to look at the release notes closer. It certainly shouldn't say that. All of our ECOs have always been full kits.

The cover letter does allude to installing directly over V7.3, V7.3-ECO1, or V7.3-ECO2 and the fact that you would need to reboot. No mention of needing v7.3A there.

Regardless, You can take a vanilla, out of the box VMS system that has never seen or headr of PATHWORKS or Advanced Server before, and install V7.3A-ECO1 right on that system, config, start it, and you are good to go.

Good luck.

Brad
Brad McCusker
Software Concepts International