5203 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Anyone Going to HPTechForum in '09?

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: Anyone Going to HPTechForum in '09?

Olivier,

Sorry, couldn't give you just one - had to be three. Here's to 1002!!

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be there to collect a pint anyway, but that sure makes it even more tempting.

Pete

Pete
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

>>What is really important is that folks vote
>>for Los Lonely Boys for the closing parth :-)

It's a pity that there isn't a spot for "None of the above". I don't listen to any of those groups and none of them appeal to me at all. Pity.
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

LLB has one song I know; Smash Mouth comes in with about the same; 3rd Eye Blind is a total blank.

I'm with you Patrick - there is nothing there I want to spend a night listening to. How sad! And considering it's this late in the schedule gives you a hint that these aren't top groups (for me anyway). Remember when they had Jimmy Buffet and Hootie. Even that "unknown" band who played all the great oldies dance songs would be better for me.
No offense to the groups suggested. But I need: None of the above.

See ya there !
Rita
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Geez - this is Las Vegas after all. I think they should have Barry Manilow, Elbert Humperdink and a whole herd of Elvis impersonators!

Pete

Pete
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

>>Elbert Humperdink

Isn't that Englebert Humperdink? ;)
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

That's what I said - in MY mind, anyway.

Pete

Pete
Bob E Campbell
Honored Contributor

LLB is three brothers with a "Texican" flavor (think Stevie Ray Vaughn). Probably the most "bluesy" of the choices and frankly I just really want to see them live. One of those bands that has several songs you will recognize but didn't know you know. Their best work is fairly recent. They have 15 songs on my Zen.

Smash Mouth has had several hits in movie soundtracks. They have a harder sound but still within reach of most listeners. Think of Sugar Ray with more "Guitar Hero" moments. Think They have 7 songs on my Zen.

Third Eye Blind had their biggest hit in '97 with "Semi-Charmed Life". If you saw Matchbox 20 last year TEB would fit well on the same bill. They currently have nothing on my Zen as I am fixing MP3 tags but lets say they rate 5 songs.

Any of the three will be a great show. I would just like to see a band I think is still rising.
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Bob,

You obviously know your groups - hey if you ever get tired of HP-n you could always do some DJ-n.

I still don't care for the groups offered, none are my taste and I'm really a music lover with a fairly eclectic in my tastes, everything from Rock Me Amedaus to Kenny Chesny, some Motown, to Queen. Oh yeah !!
But these boys - Nah....

Maybe I'll catch a show with something I like.

Later,
Rita

....Elbert Humperdink - Pete you crack me up !!
Bob E Campbell
Honored Contributor

Hey, voting for Los Lonely Boys does not mean you have to go ;-)
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

>>Hey, voting for Los Lonely Boys does not
>>mean you have to go ;-)

So instead of NOT voting at all, we should vote for the group we dislike the least? ;)