108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: April 2006 ITRC Issues

SOLVED
Go to solution
Geoff Wild
Honored Contributor

"DO NOT POST ISSUES IN THIS THREAD" - so, is it okay to post a general comment?

Just checking Pete :)

Anyways - I met Cricket Liu today at a "DNS Best Practices for Identity Driven Networks: Roundtable Discussion " here in Calgary.

Talked a bit about the 5th edition of "DNS and Bind" as well as best practices in DNS architecture and emerging advanced topics in DNS (like ENUM, DNSSEC, IDN, and IPv6 support).

Alos learned about some other features in Bin 9.2.3, including "Name Masters List", RTT (Round Trip Time) for forwarders and the ability for slaves to have multiple masters for a zone (useful in mixed ADS/Bind environments).

If he happens to be coming to your area - definately try to get an invite (infoblox.com).

I spoke with him about the ITRC and he remembers a few people here - like Clay and Bill.

Rgds...Geoff

Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi Geoff/Pete,

Cool - I met Cricket too - about '99 or so when I was working for Cat. Believe it or not he was doing some complex, custom sendmail rulesets for us. The man is definitely multi-talented.

Cheers,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!