Servers - General
1748249 Members
3533 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Compaq EO1004B KVM Switch (Part No : 147094-001)

Horatiu Damacus

Compaq EO1004B KVM Switch (Part No : 147094-001)

I have two of the above and would like to connect them both together which in effect would give me a 16 port switch.
I was wondering if this is possible?
Any help would on this would be great!!

Thanks
Horatiu
6 REPLIES 6
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: Compaq EO1004B KVM Switch (Part No : 147094-001)

Actually.. you will only have 15 ports.

Simply connect the output of the second switch, to one of the inputs of the first switch. The output is the ports that you connect your actual monitor/keyboard/mouse to.

You may need to configure the port so you can properly navigate all the ports. Hit Print Screen to bring up the KVM menu. Click Setup --> Devices, click the port you connected the 2nd KVM to and click Modify. Under Devices, select 8 port and click OK.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Horatiu Damacus

Thanks for your help.
I have just finished connecting it and it works fine.
I managed to get the manual and that explained how to do it.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Excellent. Your first posted thread is a success.

The last step for you to complete is to close you the thread if you feel that all is well and that nothing more needs to be said.

Only the author can close a thread. Closing the thread indicates that you are either satisified with the replies and have found the solution, or perhaps not satisfied and just need to close because you either moved along with something else or found a solution on your own, etc.

Another last step would be to assign some points to those replies that help best solve your solution where 1 point would be for a reply that really did not help at all... to 10 for a reply that was dead on the money (the exact solution).

Now... both of these steps are NOT mandatory, but completing them helps others find answers to similar problems more quickly as they are searching. Without telling the community that you have found a solution, others may skip over this thread and/or start a new thread of the same nature without realizing that there was already an answer out the.

Eitherway, I do hope you enjoyed you're visit here and hope to see you post some more questions and/or replies if you are in the "know" and can assist others.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
rustsh
Occasional Advisor

Could somebody help me to find a manual, please ! I have such a device and don't know how to use it.

Regards,
Rustam.

Hi!
I also have one KVM with 8 ports but don't know how to use it! Could someone send to me the manual? Or, how can I change the mouse and keyboard control from each machine connected to the KVM?

Thanks!
rustsh
Occasional Advisor