6029 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Data Migration from HP EVA to 3PAR SUSE 10,11

TWRockstar
Occasional Advisor

Data Migration from HP EVA to 3PAR SUSE 10,11

Hello friends,

Need your valuable ideas and suggestions.

We are planning to migrate from EVA to 3PAR using mpx router offline migration.I am not a storage expert so i need some help with this. After long research on several websites including SPOCK i got to know that currently our linux servers are running native multipathing and it is supported by 3PAR so on linux side we don't need to un-install before migration and reinstall MPIO after migrating to 3PAR as on Windows 2003 we uninstall and re-install.

Currently my configuration:
Present sorage array is HP EVA (source) and planning to migrate to 3PAR(destination array)
SUSE Linux version 10 and patchlevel 4 x86_64
Using Native multipathing.
HBA emulex with port speed 4gbit
device-mapper-1.02.13-6.18.7
multipath-tools-0.4.7-34.66.1
qlogic-firmware-1.0-13.23.1

We performed host based migration but this array based migration like block to block so we are new to this kind of migration.

I thought like before migration start i will update my multipath configuration file with 3PAR device as recommended and then umount filesystem(commenting the storage path in /etc/fstab), shutdown the host. After migration  completes poweron the host start the multipath and uncomment the storage paths in /etc/fstab, mount the filesystem.

Are these correct steps and do we need to perform any additional task. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim Wright.

3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

TWRockstar
Occasional Advisor

Dennis,

I replied over there.

Thanks,