1748019 Members
5031 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Discover the HP-UX Gems

ABoyd122
Occasional Contributor

Discover the HP-UX Gems

Interested in more on key HP-UX topics?   Beginning Monday, July 18th at 9am PST, you can visit www.hp.com/go/hpuxgems for a deep dive on ten unique capabilities of the HP-UX Mission Critical operating environment identified by HP architects, developers, and product managers.

When you visit www.hp.com/go/hpuxgems, the interactive interface lets you click on an HP-UX Gem video featuring a subject matter expert.  You can deepen your knowledge about HP-UX/Integrity specific capabilities such as Integrity Analysis Tools and System Fault Manager - the intelligent health monitoring and fault management tools uniquely available with HP-UX on Integrity, Serviceguard Manager - the easy-to-use web-based GUI for Serviceguard cluster management, and more Gems including HP Matrix Global Workload Manager, Dynamic Root Disk, Insight Control Power Management, and HP Containers. For a technical deep dive on each topic, the site also contains URL links to webcasts, manuals and whitepapers.

We look forward to your comments here on this HP-UX Community thread.

7 REPLIES 7
KathyL1
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover the HP-UX Gems

I watched a couple of these today (quiet day at the office) and thought they were great.

I found the 'Integrity Analysis Tools and SFM(System Fault Management)' gem particularly useful as I wasn't aware that a new version of SFM for the SD2 was released via web release in April (it isn't mentioned in the May or June Monthly Web Trains).

kcmestre

Hello, I work at HP.  Glad  that you went and took a look.  What is your favorite HP-UX Gem?  Is it something we didn't feature?

Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

@kcmestre wrote:

Hello, I work at HP.  Glad  that you went and took a look.  What is your favorite HP-UX Gem?  Is it something we didn't feature?

Today I noticed the gems section and with the hopes of finding forum favorites. Alas, found only HP contributed (mostly promotional) content. Yes it is good to have some white papers and video content, but all in all, we are all busy sysadmins and h=who actually has time to sit down and watch a 10-15 minutes long video in it entirety during a work day, without being interrupted ? On the other hand, I still wish there is a way to find those itrc threads which were voted user favorites before the exodus from old ITRC. Maybe you can include those threads (links to them that is) on the GEMS page.

>found only HP contributed content.

I'm not sure what else you expected?

>I still wish there is a way to find those ITRC threads which were voted user favorites before the exodus from old ITRC.

Are you talking about this thread?  I see Kevin_Paul has corrected a few URLs there:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/General/Favorite-ITRC-Forums-threads/m-p/4782853#M147786

ABoyd122
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for posting this link to the ITRC thread requested.   We do link to this HP-UX community directly from the Gems site to encourage people to explore the wealth of knowledge shared here.  

I will check to see if specific topic-related threads from the community can be posted directly on the Gems site.  Thanks for the feedback. 

P.S. The videos range from 3-7 minutes, which we hope hits the balance between providing a comprehensive topic overview without being too time intensive. :-)

Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

Dennis,

This is exactly the thread I am looking for but up until this time, I was not even aware of the existence of such thread. Since the transformation, I am sad to say, my visits to forums, has diminished 10-fold if not worse. And the much needed and touted to be better search facility on forums is performing no better than the old and useless ITRL search. Under the circumstances, how a new comer to this forum, expected to find what he/she is looking for.  It might be a good idea to provide direct links to widely sought after old threads on the HPUX gems page, in addition to the HP supplied content, would be beneficial in my opinion. Of course if the sole purpose of that page is to serve as an advertising for HPUX, I can not say anything to that.

Thanks for the link by the way.

Mel

@Dennis Handly wrote:

>found only HP contributed content.

I'm not sure what else you expected?

>I still wish there is a way to find those ITRC threads which were voted user favorites before the exodus from old ITRC.

Are you talking about this thread?  I see Kevin_Paul has corrected a few URLs there:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/General/Favorite-ITRC-Forums-threads/m-p/4782853#M147786

>It might be a good idea to provide direct links to widely sought after old threads on the HP-UX gems page, in addition to the HP supplied content, would be beneficial in my opinion. Of course if the sole purpose of that page is to serve as an advertising for HP-UX

The latter.  There is no connection between the HP-UX Gems and the old ITRC HP-UX forum content.

What you may want are those old favorites or some new Knowledge Base articles.