1753620 Members
6097 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP IRS - External SMTP Server with Authentication

LakelandPK
Visitor

HP IRS - External SMTP Server with Authentication

I recently installed HP IRS inside our network and and pleased with it so far.

We had a server fail but there was a delay and I wasn't aware of the issue because the server that failed was actually our local mail server, the one HP IRS is set to use for SMTP.  I'd like to set IRS to use an external SMTP server but I need to enter some authentication credentials in order to do that and this option is not available.   Is this not possible?

I'd also like to setup multiple email contacts, inside and outside of our organization but it looks like I can only setup a primary and secondary backup, is this really the case?

Thanks,

Patrick.

3 REPLIES 3
toddg1
HPE Pro

Yes - both are true with the current release of Insight Remote Support.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
LakelandPK
Visitor

SMTP authentication and multiple contacts seem to be some pretty basic features.  Why aren't they available in such a sophisticated system?  Could they be added please?

toddg1
HPE Pro

I will send these requests to the product manager.   In the meantime, I don't have a workaround for the 

authenticated SMPT, but we have had some customers use email distribution lists as the email for the "primary or backup" contact to be able to get email to multiple persons.  Perhaps that can work for you for now.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo