1748180 Members
3903 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM Server warranty information

Dennis Barron
Occasional Contributor

HP SIM Server warranty information

Is it possible to get the server warranty information for servers downloaded the the HP SIM console without running the remote support pack manager? I am concerned with bandwidth use if we are constantly sending server information to HP.
7 REPLIES 7
Maxim Revutskiy
Valued Contributor

Did not clearly understand your question

HP need internet connection to get warranty information at least once (how often it will check it you can choose in scheduled tasks)

If you want get report from SIM (not from RSP) about warranty status already fetched from HP, then you can use HP SIM reports

If you do not what to use HP SIM web interface, than you can use CLI tool mxreport
Dennis Barron
Occasional Contributor

Let me clarify and provide a little more detail. We currently use HP SIM to monitor out environment. I have not installed the Remote support Pack out of concern for bandwidth usage particulary at some of our remote sites. Is is possible to set up the remote support pack but not have the servers in a constant conversation with HP?
Maxim Revutskiy
Valued Contributor

AFAIK, RSP only communicating with HP when:
1. During installation and registration (once)
2. Opening cases (can be disabled)
3. Fetching warranty and contract information (frequency can be modified or even disabled, you can pull information about server only once)
4. When checking for updates (can be disabled)
5. Some kind of heartbeats (but not often, and traffic is very low)
Pete2010
Frequent Advisor

when warranty information is retrieved from HP, the Queries go only to the CMS and Not the remote clients, correct?
Maxim Revutskiy
Valued Contributor

Yes, there is special table in SIM database

P.S. Please do not forget to assign points
JimmyP_1

Can you tell me which table in the database the warranty information is stored? Trying to grab this information from our CMDB system.
Figge

You can retrive the warranty information from the view R_WarrantyContract. The table containing the warranty information is SIM_NodeEntitlement.