7062 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP SIM & IRS on VM and Server

Alfredo E.
Occasional Contributor

HP SIM & IRS on VM and Server

Hello,

I have 17 HP Proliant servers that I would like to monitor using HP SIM & IRS. My BIG question is I would like to install HP SIM on a Virtual Machine and monitor the 17 servers. BUT I would like to Run HP iRS from an HP Physical Server. The reason we want to do this is because we trust the VM cluster more than a physical box to monitor 17 critical servers.  Do you guys have any documentation that can lead me to do this? Do you guys see any issues with this?  Please help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks you In advanced.

Spoiler

5 REPLIES 5
WernerCH
Advisor

Re: HP SIM & IRS on VM and Server

There are two types of IRS available:

IRS Stamdard, the solution for a small number of managed devices and basically remote device monitoring.

It cannot be installed on a system where HP-SIM is running on it. Service incidents can be submittet into SIM via SNMP traps.

IRS Advanced, works together with HP-SIM and it offers additional services like remote entitlement check. IRS Advanced expects a running SIM.

IRS can also be installed on a virtual instance.

More detailed information you'll find in the IRS release notes and it's documentation on

Product Detail - HPE Insight Remote Support Next Gen Software | HPE Support

[Moderator edit: Updated the broken link.]

Regards, Werner

WernerCH
Alfredo E.
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for providing this great information. Yet our company needs to have IRS advanced due to the fact we might expand and move to HP shop. We need to install SIM on a VM and IRSA in physical box. Without installing any managment agents on the VM. If anybody else has done this or has any ideas please comment.
bernardo.gonzalez

Hi

Sorry, but there is no way to install IRSA in a server without HPSIM.
The only viable solution for your request is install IRSS in the physical server and keep you HPSIM in the virtual server.

Regards.

WafaA

Re: HP IRS is running on a physical HPE DL 160 Gen9 (Windows 2012

Dears , i see that doc link shared are no longer available can you please tell me if we can migrate HP IRS to virtual server existing HP IRS is running on a physical HPE DL 160 Gen9 (Windows 2012 R2 with 64GB) ram

Sunitha_Mod

Re: HP IRS is running on a physical HPE DL 160 Gen9 (Windows 2012

Hello @WafaA,

Thank you for posting! 

We have updated the above link. You may also refer to the HPE support site for more information. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo