1757070 Members
2528 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP UX 11.1 printing to remote office

quovadis19

HP UX 11.1 printing to remote office

I have a printing question.

I have a user in a remote office that connects back for network resources via Cisco AnyConnect. User has a Ricoh copier that is set up localy. He can print everything from the network and localy except he cant print from the HP UX. 

The way the printers are set up is in SAM. Each printer has a mapped IP address and an associcated printer number to this IP.

This works great on the network as the printer is pingeble and we can print normal. How can I set up print function to the printer in the remote office. It is not visible to the network as it is a local printer with its own local IP address. 

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HP UX 11.11 printing to remote office

>It is not visible to the network as it is a local printer with its own local IP address.

That's a problem.  Unless you have an HP-UX machine in that office that you can use remote printing.

feeble
Valued Contributor

Re: HP UX 11.1 printing to remote office

I had this situation years ago. I can only tell you what I rememeber. I had to install print services fro unix on the remote machine. I then created an lp printer and pointed it to the local printer connected the the remote machine. Then on HPUX, I created a remote printer that printed to the name of the remote computer and the lp printer I setup on that machine. The only issues we had was DNS updates. Sometimes the remote machine would noy update in DNS, or would take a while to propagate. But it worked for the most part.