108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP-UX console switch box

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ben_219
Advisor

HP-UX console switch box

I need to replace my HPUX K series console switch box. Belkin is no longer making F1B031 model. My question is: Is there any special requirment for the switch box? Can I use any DB-25 female switch box?

Any helps are appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: HP-UX console switch box

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say ANY because that might includes those with no internal connections as well as thse with random connections but, in general, any straight-wired AB(CDE ...) switch manually or electronically controlled will work. Though not absolutely necessary, I look for those that switch all 25 connections so that I know that they will work.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

I have used just a generic ABCD switch box with no issues.

You are in the land of just try it and find out..
PJJ
Frequent Advisor

We're not using any switchbox at all.
Why not connect and use the LANconsoles? Accessible from any place on your LAN. If you're concerned about security, create a systemmangement-LAN with restricted access.

Rgds,
Peter
Doug Burton
Respected Contributor

I would think a switch box would be fine. The K servers from what I remember didn't have a GSP for telnet type of console connection. If you have a web console you could hook it up and config it.
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Hi Ben,

Please take a moment to assign points to those who have taken the time to assist you. Here's how:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Thanks,

Gary
Ben_219
Advisor

I thought I assigned the points already. But I guess I did not. Sorry about that.