Servers - General
1752328 Members
5528 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Ups not connecting with HP Power manager 4.0

Mohammad zhaim

HP Ups not connecting with HP Power manager 4.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi i have installed hp power manager on an hp dl 380 g4 server to manage an hp Ups r5500 the problem that i am facing is that the ups appeared in the device manager when i installed the driver but when i installed the hp power manager 4.0 the ps doesnot appear under the device manager any more. I have tried this on four different server on three of the four the hp power manager failed to connect to find the ups . On the fourth server the power manager was able to connect to the ups but when i restarted the server the connection between the ups and the power manager was lost. I have tried reconnecting by uninstallling and reinstalling the power manager but nothing is working.

can any one help me reslove this problem

please note that i am connecting the ups to the server using a serial cable that came with the ups and all servers have windows 2003 installed with sp2

any help is greatly appreciated

P.S. this thread has been moved from ProLiant - Experts Online Now!!! > ProLiant Servers - Netservers to Servers > general - Hp forums moderator

1 REPLY 1
Prem Selvam Arumugam
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP Ups not connecting with HP Power manager 4.0

Mohd,

I hope you installed the both remote management agent and remote agent on the same machine, both should be on different machine.

As well this software would work good only with win 2003

Follow the steps in document starting from page 35

http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00700333/c00700333.pdf