Operating System - HP-UX
1753482 Members
4171 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help with nfs mounts (/usr/sbin/exportfs)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jeffrey Davis_1
Frequent Advisor

Help with nfs mounts (/usr/sbin/exportfs)

Hi,
I'm trying to share file systems between like systems. When I put my entries in my /etc/exports file and use '-a' to export them, I can see that they are exported just fine.
My problem is, when I go to a different system and 'cd' to '/net// (which is a dir that is in the exports file), I cannot see anything under that particular directory. I usually have to wait about 10 minutes for nfs to refresh itself. What am I missing?
What is the correct way for me to refresh nfs to recognize newly exported dir's?
If I do a ps -eaf | grep nfs and bio I see 4 of each. I don't think I need to restart nfskd each time.
3 REPLIES 3
Solution

You are trying to use two features at one here:

1)When you export using the exportfs -a, you need at the other to mount the filesystem using the mount : ;

2) I think, the /net stuff is used when you want to use the automount, which is an extension (more/less) of the nfs. If you want to do this you have to set your /etc/auto_master accordingly.

"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures,will the right answers come out?' -- Charles Babbage

Sorry, I miss something. Set you
r auto_master on the server where you want to mount the exported nfs with something like this:
___
/net -hosts -soft
___

This should refresh the nfs links.
"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures,will the right answers come out?' -- Charles Babbage
Jitendra_1
Trusted Contributor

Once you add the lines as christian said in /etc/auto_master , start automount . check with ps -ef| grep automount .
Learning is the Key!