Operating System - HP-UX
1753899 Members
7857 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hp UX 11.11 client platform sharing nfs from Windows2003 RPC:Program not registered

SOLVED
Go to solution
Links Moodley
Advisor

Hp UX 11.11 client platform sharing nfs from Windows2003 RPC:Program not registered

I have an HP-UX 11.11 system that is sharing a file system from a Windows 2003 server running SFU 3.5, I am unable to mount the file system on the Unix server. I get the message as follows:
nfs mount: get_fh: Tarsuse-procure:: RPC: Program not registered тФВ ^ тФВ
тФВтФВ /тФВ nfs mount: get_fh: Tarsuse-procure:: RPC: Program not registered тФВ тФВ
тФВтФВ /тФВ nfs mount: retry: retrying(1) for: /enfs after 5 seconds тФВ тФВ
тФВтФВ /тФВ nfs mount: retry: giving up on: /enfs тФВ
5 REPLIES 5
Dave Olker
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Hp UX 11.11 client platform sharing nfs from Windows2003 RPC:Program not registered

Hi,

It sure sounds to me like an RPC program isn't registered. :)

I assume the HP-UX system is the NFS client and the Win2K3 system is the NFS server. Try running the following commands on the HP-UX client and post the results:

# showmount -e
# rpcinfo -p

Those two commands will give me a much better idea of what RPC daemons (or the equivalent) are available on the Win2K3 server.

Regards,

Dave
I work for HPE

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Links Moodley
Advisor

Hi Dave,

In the interim i have managed to mount the share on the Unix system, however i now have a "Permission denied" when I try to access that share.
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

you should make sure that the Windows user through which you are connecting has sufficient privileges to the folder being mounted.

hope this helps!

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Links Moodley
Advisor

Hi Yogeeraj,

I am trying to access this share from the Unix system!
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

yes. this is exactly what i had read from above.

If you are using CIFS, you need to logon to the Windows 2003 server. Normally done either using cifslogin or using the -U and -P switches in cifsmount.

see below:

# cifsmount

usage: cifsmount /// []
cifsmount -h prints short help
cifsmount -v prints version information
valid options are:
-r Mount as read-only filesystem
-c Set netbios name of client
-p Connect at this tcp port
-u Enable unencrypted passwords
-s Save mount and password in database (please do not
use unless you understand the security implications)
-E Force data encryption (only when compiled with SSL)
-C Require server certificate (only when compiled with SSL)
-W Do without server certificate (only when compiled with SSL)
-f Force mount. Mount the server even if it does not respond.
-U Username sent to server
-P Password given in commandline (implies -N)
-S Read password from standard input (implies -N)
-N Don't prompt for a password
-I Use this address or hostname for tcp connection
#

hope this helps!

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)