Operating System - HP-UX
1753529 Members
4894 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Integrity/Itanium SuperDome and vPars?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Hemanth Gurunath Basrur
Honored Contributor

Wodisch,

Please ignore my previous message and do not assign points.

Refer http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11717_div/11717_div.HTML

I noticed the foll. info on partitions:

Superdome can be configured with hardware partitions, (nPars). Given that HP UX 11i version 2, Windows Server 2003, SUSE SLES 9 and Red Hat (RHEL) AS 3 do not support virtual partitions (vPars), Superdome systems running HP UX 11i version 2, Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition, SUSE SLES 9 or Red Hat RHEL AS 3, do not support vPars.

Regards,
Hemanth
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Hi,

when I discussed this with my HP sales person, V-par is not supported in HP-UX v2 at this time. and it will be supported in 2005
never give up
Wodisch
Honored Contributor

Hi again, everybody!

Seems like my customer has to be patient about vPars on his SuperDome Integrity servers.

Thanks for all the info and the speed at which you helped!

Syam, thanks for your very detailed information about the current vPars, especially your *.doc file - hopefully it will be helpful for a lot more posters here.

Steven, thanks for mentioning Charles Keenen - I will try to get that book.

Pete, shouldn't you be at home with your familiy, right now? :-)

Hemanth, thanks for the details you provided, especially the last link.

Ravi, thank you, too - the "being told" part is what caused me to ask here, I could not get something in writing...

Points should be assigned by now, my customer has been informed and the year is almost done ;-)

All the best whishes for the new year (still to come, yet) - even if that's not on your personal calendar!

Kind regards,
Wodisch