1748123 Members
3175 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: KVM Support

chris.morton

KVM Support

I have a faulty KVM switch and i'm trying to get a replacement under warranty.

I have spent literally hours on the phone with countless HP reps trying just trying to get through to the right department.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with a specific number to dial?

Product code is 336045-B21 (I have tried many combinations of this in the Support Case Manager but it says 'Product Code Invalid').

http://www.hardware.com/product.asp?id=336045-B21

Many Thanks
Chris
4 REPLIES 4
B Corbin
Occasional Advisor

Chris , the support for KVM's is preformed by the Server team that the KVM's are attached to. For example if you have AlphaServers log a case with the ALphaserver team, On the IVR phone switch one of the keywords to access the ALpha Server team is with the system keyword "alphaserver running OpenVMS", or "ALphaServer running tru64"

Brian Corbin

PS what appears to be the issue?

chris.morton

Hi Brian,

I'm not sure how that would work, as my KVM is attached to IBM eServers, custom-built servers and PCs.

I get a blinking green power light and no display output.

Many Thanks
Chris
B Corbin
Occasional Advisor

I guess the big brains at HP did not think of that.

The HP Proliant team take most of the HP KVM calls just based on the number of Proliants attached to the KVMs, maybe that would be the best team to try to reach at hp.

good luck

Brian
chris.morton

Just thought I would post and update...

I finally managed to get a replacement.
Apparently, there's a 'Support Case Manager Enterprise Edition'. I have been using the 'Support Case Manager Professional Addition'.

I logged in and created a new hardware support case. My product number and serial number were still not recognised, but my case was passed to a different team and dealt with from there.

I got a call informing me that a replacement part was on the way.