Operating System - Microsoft
1745793 Members
3953 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

My Recovery and Application CDs won't work due to repair

Michael_38

My Recovery and Application CDs won't work due to repair

I recently took my PC to an authorized HP repair shop for warranty work. It is an HP Pavilion 9720 BTO with WinMe. They replaced my motherboard and sound card. But none of my 3 CDs, (2 Recovery, 1 Application) will now work with it. I once remember someone saying that the HPs have a "tattoo" in the BIOS that recognizes the system. Is there a fix for this software-wise or do I have to bring it back to the shop?
6 REPLIES 6
Ross Judd
Frequent Advisor

Re: My Recovery and Application CDs won't work due to repair

OOPS! Sorry I called you Mark, Mike.
I'm not very happy with HP 6640c or this so called forum that has no answers to anything!
Michael_38

Ummm... I don't get. I didn't get a response. No one called me Mark and no one replied yet.
Dennis Simson

Hi Michael,
Did you happen to save the original bios from your original motherboard? It has what HP calls a bios tattoo(a security lockout),if so I think you can reflash your motherboard bios and restore your system.If not you will need to take your system to a HP authorized repair center.
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi Michael,

The HP Support No is
1-800-633-3600
If you still have the warranty on your PC, they might be able to help you.

thanks
Peter Toldi_3
Regular Advisor

If you can't use any CD check out if your data cable was plugged back properly in the CD or into the MB. The Application CD is just like any other CD. If you want to boot from the recovery CD you have to change you boot order in the BIOS.
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Michael:

Did you ever resolve your problem? Inquiring minds want to know...as in other people have the same problem and would like the benefit of knowing how/if you solved your problem.

Thanks.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger