1752423 Members
5970 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Not show information on entitlement

joom

Not show information on entitlement

Hi Expert IRSA,

When I search from HP SIM box it's show information of the item that I'm search but when clock on Option -> Remote Support Configuration and Service --> entitlement  -> in search box input the name or IP -> the search item now show.

How to solve the problem?

2 REPLIES 2
CAN_3
Advisor

Hi,

The device does not appear in the entitlement tab since it does not have the appropriate parameters set in the Edit System Properties page for the device is SIM. Check if Device Type, Device subtype, Model and OS properties are set correctly. Unless this is set correctly, the device does not get "Remote Support Enabled' and only such devices appear in the Entitlement tab.

I am an HP Employee
SJ_MZN
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Perhaps the easiest way to make sure that you see the device under RSCS-> entitlement tab is by making sure that the device is correctly discovered and Identified by HP-SIM. Every device that is monitored will have certain protocols associated with it under "system credentials" in HP SIM tools and links tab for that device, we need to make sure we set the correct protocols (for e.g., ProLiants can use SNMP or WBEM/WMI) and their credentials. This will help SIM in identifying the system correctly, and filling up its "system properties" page with the right details. These are the details that are checked by IRSA to make sure the device is eligible for IRSA based support.  This is the right way to do it. You can get the system listed in RSCS->entitlement tab by editing the system properties page in SIM, but that does not guarantee that the device will be monitored correctly, or it will be able to send a notification to SIM/IRSA, unless we also make sure that the correct protocols are set, and the right agents are installed on your end point node, so that it can talk to SIM/IRSA.

Hope this helps!

I am an HP employee.