Servers - General
1752291 Members
4631 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Power Manager 4.3 Broadcast from Win 2008 R2 server not being received on Windows 7 64-bit machi

dwheat17
Occasional Contributor

Power Manager 4.3 Broadcast from Win 2008 R2 server not being received on Windows 7 64-bit machine

Hi All,

I setup the Power Manger Event Notifications to broadcast to my workstation by IP and by username.  Neither of these are working. 

My server that is doing the broadcast through Power Manager 4.3 is a Windows 2008 R2 server.  The workstation receiving the broadcast is a Windows 7 Prof. 64-bit.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. 

Thank you.

-- Dale

1 REPLY 1
Lincy_Zachariah
Valued Contributor

Re: Power Manager 4.3 Broadcast from Win 2008 R2 server not being received on Windows 7 64-bit machi

Hi,

Broadcast Messages are not sent in Windows 2008 as the Messenger Service is not provided as part of the standard operating system.

You can either choose email notification or SNMP trap notifocations:

Setting up email notifications
1. Click the EMail link on the Event Notifications table in the main screen.
The EMail Setup screen appears.
2. Enter the mail server IP address or host name in the SMTP Server field.
3. Enter the email address that HPPM marks messages as being sent from in the SMTP From Address field.
4. Select the Enabled checkbox to indicate that email notifications are sent for events in each category (Critical, Warning, Information, User Defined 1, and User Defined 2).
5. Enter up to six email addresses in the EMail Address(es) field for the persons who should receive email notifications of events that occur in each category.
6. Enter the amount of time to delay before the email is sent in the Delay (seconds) field.
7. Click Save Changes to save the information.
8. Click Send Test Message to send a test email.

Setting up SNMP trap notifications
1. Click the SNMP link on the Event Notifications table in the main screen.
The SNMP Setup screen appears.
2. Enter the SNMP trap community string in the Trap Community String field (public is the default string).
3. Select the Enabled checkbox to indicate that SNMP trap notifications are sent for events in each category (Critical, Warning, Information, User Defined 1, and User Defined 2).
4. Enter up to six trap recipients in the SNMP Address(es) field for the computers that receive SNMP trap notifications of events that occur in each category.
5. Enter the amount of time to delay before the trap is sent in the Delay (seconds) field.
6. Click Save Changes to save the information.
7. Click Send Test Message to send a test SNMP trap.

For Step by Step Guided troubleshooting on configuring event notifcaitons, please refer to the following link:

http://h20584.www2.hp.com/hpgt/guides/select?lang=en&cc=in&prodTypeId=3447589&prodSeriesId=332176

Please go through the following options : HP Power Manager >> Configuration and Operation >> Event Setting Menu Option >> notification actions for events by category