2685 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: R3000 XR UPS with Management Card

SOLVED
Go to solution
Roland_s

R3000 XR UPS with Management Card

At this moment i have a customer that has a multiple R3000 XR UPS with Management Card, i don't know what kind of management card, it has one serial and one network connection.

Does anyone know where i can found software/agents for Windows Servers? I use HyperV at Windows 2008 R2.

Thanks in advance,
Roland
6 REPLIES 6
Zygmunt Krawczyk
Honored Contributor
Solution

Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Roland_s

Thanks!

I was looking for management software, just like you need with APC, but this look likes what i need.

Thanks again,
Roland
Roland_s

The steps suggest in using a web interface to add devices through a web interface. But this is going to be a problem, because the ups management modules are both configured with an ip address, trough serial port, but i don't have a web interface or the possibility to enable the web interface.

When i connect to the Management Module trough serial port, i see this PowerWare Connect UPS-EM 3.60 And i can only change some basic things, like change ip, SNMP, etc

So, what do i need? Is this just an old UPS MM card and do i need a new one, or do i need to use other software?

I also did try the HP Power Manager, but then i only can manage 1 UPS.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again,
Roland
Brian Vo
Trusted Contributor

I think you have a "SNMP/Serial card". This card requires to use with HP Power Manager (HPPM) (v4.3.2 is the latest version) to manage a UPS and its Remote Agent to shutdown your protected server. Window Agent v4.0.11 is the latest version. So try it with Window HyperV.

This product is now replaced by HP Management Module (HPMM). Its FW includes UPS Management so all you need is to install Power Portection Agent to shutdown your protected server.

Brian
nicecube

I know this port is very old but i can't find the software to connect my R3000 RX, Someone can give me the link to download plz