1748091 Members
5072 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: R3000XR - UPS

jbason
Occasional Contributor

R3000XR - UPS

I have a problem with this UPS and HP support want me to upgrade the firmware but I do not know if I have the high voltage or low voltage version, I documentation I have says low voltage ups have a range in voltage from 100VAC to 127VAC while high volage ups have a range in voltage from 200VAC to 240VAC. As I am in the UK does this mean I have the high voltage version? The documentation says it is important to use the correct file so I am worried about getting the wrong one, it does not say what will happen if the wrong one is used!
5 REPLIES 5
odion121

Hello I new here; my problem
I have 2 DL380 server and HP R3000 XR UPS, I install HP Power Manager and everything was fine, and after 6 or so months for know apparent reason the UPS stop working, HP are not able to help, please can any help me

Clem
jbason
Occasional Contributor

I have spoken to HP support and they assure me I have the low voltage version, however I am still a little worried about installing the incorrect version. As we use 240 volts in the UK it does not seem correct we would have the LV version. Can anybody shed any light on this?
Brian Vo
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

If you're in UK and using 240V to your UPS then I believe you should use HV FW version.
The latest FW version (come with an easy, simple 1-step flash utility) is 2.0. If you have 1.03 then you MUST upgrade it to 1.04 first then go to 2.0.

Brian
jbason
Occasional Contributor

Hi Bryan,

That would sound sensible to me but HP insist I have the low voltage version. One way they said to check was that the low voltage version has a detachable power cable and the high voltage an non detachable cable. Mine has a detachable. I have firmware version 1.8 so I need to upgrade to 1.9 then 2.0 but even when installing 2.0 you need to tell it what version you have.
jbason
Occasional Contributor

I have now spoken to somebody else at HP and they I have the high voltage version, confused yes I am. to add to this I can now not communicate with the UPS using rack and power manager.