3701 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RSSWM Upgrade

naveen123
Contributor

RSSWM Upgrade

Hi,

In IRSA how to upgrade only RSSWM to latest version?

Regards,

Naveen

5 REPLIES 5
AndyC
Advisor

Hi Naveen,

Currently, the only way to update IRSAv A.05.70 the latest RSSWM version is to upgrade to A.05.80.

IRSA A.05.80  is available from Software Depot: https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=RSADVANCED

Best Regards,

-AndyC

I am an HP employee.
naveen123
Contributor

Hi AndyC,

Thanks for the quick update.

One of our customer is having IRSA 5.7 we have noticed that RSSWM with version 5.20.

Hence unable to update proxy details in RSSWM, tried with command line too(edmutil command).

He queried how only RSSWM should be upgraded to latest version without upgrading IRSA 5.7? so that proxy details

can be updated in RSSWM?

Regards,

Naveen

AndyC
Advisor

Hi Naveen,

The versioning in v5.x was a little strange because v5 was really a collection of independent products, each with their own version.

The RSSWM version just indicates the version where RSSWM was initially installed. So, it looks like your customer initially installed RSSWM 5.20, and has since updated to 5.70 via RSSWM.

As part of the connectivity check (on the RSSWM page where you set web proxy credentials), RSSWM updates itself with the latest version. However, I don't recall any proxy-specific fixes going into RSSWM.

So, you basically have 2 options:
1) Continue to run with the current configuration. It sounds like you are up to 5.70, but may have RSSWM connectivity issues, which you can choose to troubleshoot if you want to use RSSWM to eventually update to 5.80.
2) Download and run the 5.80 installer from Software Depot. This will update all of your components to 5.80 and should migrate all of your data and configuration.

Best Regards,
-AndyC
I am an HP employee.
Rene Nascimento
Frequent Advisor

Hi, I'm currently running Insight Control 6.3 with RSA 5.70 and want to upgrade both at the same time. Is there ICE CD that contains the latest Insight Control version (7.1?) with the latest RSA?

AndyC
Advisor

Hi Rene,

There's not a way to upgrade Insight Control and RSA 5.70 at the same time. The most recent versions of Insight Control don't actually ship the RSA installer -- they just lay down a desktop shortcut to the RSA Software Depot page.

So, the procedure you should use is to 1) upgrade Insight Control 2) install Insight RS 5.80 from the Software Depot page (https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=RSADVANCED).
I am an HP employee.