7066 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Re : Emulation Software

Vincent_5
Super Advisor

Re : Emulation Software

Hi,
Can anyone advice anything about a emulation software called Exceed Hummingbird. Does anyone know how to configure Exceed Web. Please advice ......

Regards
nothing is better than to know more
4 REPLIES 4
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I am assuming you wish to setup exceed to
manage you systems.

We use Exceed version 7 to manage our systems
from PC's.
The easiest way to configure it is this:

change xconfig --> communication -->
XDMCP-Query --> configure -->
and where it says 'Connect Host' enter
the IP address of the host you wish to boot
your sessions from. Save by pressing OK and
then OK again.

Screen Definition --> select single
Save and start the exceed executable, this
should start you sessions.

You can once you connect to your systems
use a variety of scripts to connect to your
various hosts.

dtterm -title serverA -e telnet serverA &

HTH
Michael
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Vincent_5
Super Advisor

Hi,
Thanks for the advice, but I would like to try out exceed web as it can allow you to access unix host through brower interface. Please advice
nothing is better than to know more
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

You can also have a look at hp's own free service control manager which is a web based application usefull for centrally managing many servers from web interface. see software.hp.com for a free doanload.

Be carefull to read the do first before installing (two kernel params, nkthreads and nproc). If you don't follow the installation to the letter you'll run into problems.. but in either case you can access sam, software distributor etc.. over secure (encrypted passwords) web interface.

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Shannon Petry
Honored Contributor

Why buy exceed, or reflections X....You could just install Linux, and be done with it! If your new to linux, redhat 7.1 is pretty easy to install, comes with more software than your windblows, is fully Xcompliant, and is just about as stable as HP-UX. If you buy Redhat deluxe for $79.00 US as opposed to exceed or WRQ for $300.00 or more, you will get more for your money too!

Honestly, I have not used a windblows OS in over 3 years for UX admin. Star Office works awsome, so I save $$ over MS office, anti-virus software, X utilities, and more...

Sorry HP, but my www servers were converted from HP-UX to Linux a couple of years ago too...

Regards,
Shannon
Microsoft. When do you want a virus today?