SOLVED
Go to solution
Helen French
Honored Contributor

Re: Restrict SAM

I would check this:
1) Log in as root
2) Execute sam -r
3) On the screen, check if the user "Has SAM privileges" marked as "yes" or "no"
4) If marked "no", then alloacate proper privileges.
5) Save and exit.
6) Now log in as user and try running SAM.
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

This is odd .. can you do this .. as root run ..(assuming skchan is the restricted user setup in SAM)
# sam -f skchan
.. are you able to get the sam screen with ONLY the allowed operation ? What "sam -f" will do is it'll load the control file /etc/sam/custom/skchan.cf as if you're running SAM in restrictive mode setup for skchan.
Geoff Wild
Honored Contributor
Solution

what's in the user.cf file?

You may want to re-create Restricted SAM for this user - first, disable sam in sam -r for user, then delete the user.cf file - then re-setup this user....

Rgds...Geoff
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.
Eugene Klaus
Frequent Advisor

Hello Everyone!

I am experiencing the same problem on two machines with HPUX ver 11.00. I have followed the procedure for configuring a restricted sam user to the letter. [I have successfully done so on two other machines that are HPUX 10.20.] I have installed the patches through March 2004 and still experience the problem. If anyone has determined a solution please let me know!!

Thank you in advance.
I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep
UnixGuy
Occasional Contributor

Well,

All you need to do is run following command:
$/usr/sbin/sam

Now you can see the sam areas you have granted priviledges...

Regards
Deepak