Servers - General
1752790 Members
6530 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Screensaver Password for Compaq EO1004B KVM Switch (Part No : 147094-001)

Wayne Simpson

Screensaver Password for Compaq EO1004B KVM Switch (Part No : 147094-001)

Hello,
Not sure if anyone can help with this, its not looking good, someone has set a password on the above switch in our compaq rack, and then forgotten it, and we need to reset it.

I have been browsing these forums, and used the link to update the firmware hoping this would clear it but it didn't, I understand it may be reset via the console serial port, I have run hyperterminal and I am connected to it, but it echos giberish back to me (usually a sign that baud rate etc is wrong) I have tried all the baud rate stop bit parity combinations I can think of (popular ones anyway) and not getting anywhere, does anyone have any idea how I can reset it back to factory defaults?
The lead and com port appear ok as the firmware went on fine.

Any help much appreciated,

Wayne
7 REPLIES 7
Dr-Mosfet

Re: Screensaver Password for Compaq EO1004B KVM Switch (Part No : 147094-001)

I too would like to default my KVM EO1004B so that I can use it, would like to manege some old servers for educational purposes. As with Wayne Simpson "Any help much appreciated"
Joyson Noronha
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

-Check for a Reset Button on the KVM itself . I do not see any Software option to do that or any latest firmware available

Joyson
Joyson Noronha
Frequent Advisor

Hi Wayne

Try The Following Steps

- Get into F2 for the setup features for SECURITY.

- Where it ask for the password enter "FARB' (all caps) then ENTER The cursor should move down and allow for a new password to be entered.

-Once the new password is entered and re-type verified it gives a result of CHANGED.

-Joyson
Wayne Simpson

Hi Joyson, thanks for that, I tried it, but I'm still stuck as the FARB password is not recognised, so it won't allow me to change it.

Regards

Wayne
Joyson Noronha
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

My Last Suggestion Would be to Try Flashing the Firmware again & Then Try the Password Reset Option Again.

- As this Switch has Limited Option to Reset Password and As i have worked with these KVM, Ideally a Firmware should take care of these kinf of issues or a Hard Reset Button on the Switch.

Regards
Joyson

Joyson Noronha
Frequent Advisor

Hi Wayne,

Also Try Clearing the NVram, As you were Unable to enter the Password
Wayne Simpson

Hi Joyson,
I think the flash updater is a very simple program, I'm not sure there is any option to clear the NVRAM although this is what I need to do to remove the password.

On the unit itself there is no reset button as such just a reset button to reset the keyboard and mouse.

I will try to run the formware updater again and see where I get upto.

Thanks

Wayne