1753657 Members
5687 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

What is "HP Storage" referring to?

hpuxmagic
Advisor

What is "HP Storage" referring to?

I saw quite a few times on Internet, and looking for "HP Storage" skills. Would you please advice what type of storages are they referring to? I know HP has XP array, EVA, and 3par, so which one are they specifically talking about?

Appreciate your help.

7 REPLIES 7
CalvinZito
HPE Blogger

Re: What is "HP Storage" referring to?

I'm not sure what you saw on the internet but "HP Storage" refers to what used to be HP StorageWorks.  If you'd like a bit more details, I did an HP Storage ChalkTalk that describes our product naming (StoreOnce, StoreServ, StoreVirtual, StoreEver, etc.) but also touches on what HP Storage is.  Here's a link to the video on YouTube.

linarvz
Occasional Advisor

Hi hpuxmagic,

HP Storage is an umbrella term that covers pretty much everything HP does in, well, storage space. So depending on who's asking it may refer to a variety of products and technologies. Commonly though "storage" would refer to one of the block storage platforms.

Hope this helps,

Linar

hpuxmagic
Advisor

This is actually from job requirements. One of required skills is "HP storage". As I mentioned in my first message, HP has multiple storage products, and they are quite different. So, I am just not sure what they are requiring.

I could ask them for details, however, I just dont want them to feel I don't know it. Plus, I wanted to prepare myself before I talk to them. that's why I post the message and ask suggestions for experts here.

CalvinZito
HPE Blogger

I'm happy to help you if you need more information - feel free to message me here or send me an email: hpstorageguy at hp.com

hpuxmagic
Advisor

I am still looking for the answer on what "HP STORAGE"  are mostly likely referring to, what the type could be? EVA, MSA, xp, PS9500, OR 3PAR?

CalvinZito
HPE Blogger

Apologies as I didn't have time to reply to your email. There is really no way to tell you which platform they mean. Would be like trying to guess what "fruit" means on the menu. You will have to ask the waitress to know for sure and in your case you will need to ask the manager that posted the job for what they want you to manage.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Go to

http://www.hp.com/go/storage

go to products and scroll down.

Follow each link.

It is really a lot of stuff.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!