1748279 Members
4223 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hp R3000 XR batteries replaced / Utility light flashing green

hardRESET

hp R3000 XR batteries replaced / Utility light flashing green

Hello,

I had a bad battery light on my UPS so I replaced the batteries and now all I seem to get is the Utility light that flashes green with an occasional red and an occasional 3 red in a row. I let it go for 18 hours and still am getting the same. If I push on any button on the front it just makes like the alarm sound when held. Took the new batteries back to where I bought them to test and the tray is putting out the specs that it should. Cannot even power up any of my servers. When I unplug from the wall and plug it back in it runs power to my servers briefly then stops. When the battery tray is not present then it will keep power cycling on the servers every 30-60 seconds along with the still flashing Utility light. As soon as I slide the tray back in it stops power cycling the servers on and does nothing.

Any ideas please?

3 REPLIES 3
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I hade the same issue after replacing the batteries in r3000xr. I think I solve it by reseting ups somehow, unfortunatelly I do not remember it exactly. Check this manual - http://www.manualslib.com/manual/376795/Hewlett-Packard-J4367a-Ups-R3000-Xr.html?page=36#manual, to as written. If it is possible connect ups to ups software to check what is exactly the problem.

Jan

Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Maybe you just need to start self-test - check manual.