1748177 Members
4290 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

"Not entitled" reported despite HP warranty check site shows covered

Ole Thomsen_1
Trusted Contributor

"Not entitled" reported despite HP warranty check site shows covered

I have installed RS 7.6 at a customer with the sole purpose of getting an overview of warranty or service agreement coverage.

My problem is that under Warranty a lot of equipment shows Not entitled, despite the fact that i can find some in current service agreement contracts, some can be found covered with base warranty using HP warranty check site.

How can I have RS discover the correct warranty information?

3 REPLIES 3
toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: "Not entitled" reported despite HP warranty check site shows covered

It really depends on how your contracts were created by your HPE sales team.  Have you tried entering the contract Id (SAID) on these devices and asking Insight RS to recheck entitlement?

If you have already tried this, and still no success, I suggest that you contact HPE support for further assistance.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Ole Thomsen_1
Trusted Contributor

Entering the SAID works, thanks, but having to look up and enter SAID for all the missing equipment somehow defeats the purpose of using Insight RS as an automated way of discovering warranty.

Also, shouldn't base warranty at least be discovered correctly? For equipment with only base warranty there is no SAID to solve lookup.

Ole Thomsen_1
Trusted Contributor

I can add that it is also very common that with same type equipment from same SAID some are discovered correctly and some are reported "Not entitled". From HP waranty checker all have same info.