1752761 Members
5247 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: stty stop

Rushank
Super Advisor

stty stop

We have visifax running on a L box (hpux11.00)
visifax recommends us to configure stop to ^S (stty stop ^S). Every monday morning this parameter chages to . Once this parameter changes Fax comes as garbage (unreadable)
I run make recovery over weekend. Does make recovery changes this parameter for any reason..?
If not How do I check when/why this setting gets changing..?
I run make recovery like this: make_recovery -A -C -v -d [$tape]
Any clue/suggetions???

Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
eran maor
Honored Contributor

Hi

the make_recovery does not afect in .
this is doing a system backup to the system .

if you are saying the it is happening each monday monring i will look for a job that run in the end of the week that is doing this action

but the make_recovery is not doing it .
love computers
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Are you stopping and restarting VsiFax over the weekend? If so, are you using the command:

vfxsched restart

or are you using some other script to restart VsiFax? stty changes specific for VsiFax should be associated with the vsifax user although the old version I run (3.52) does not have any stty commands or specs for XON/XOFF (ie, the stty stop character). And the default for HP-UX is CTRL-S. What command do you use to fix the problem?

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Rushank
Super Advisor

Thanks for the reply..

vfxsched restart is not changing any stty parameters.
Infact we run every day a cleanp script that does vfxsched stop,purge start respectively.
I'm sure this is not changing any of the stty settings
I checked other scripts that runs during weekend , but nothing is related to stty..!

Rushank
Super Advisor

Ok, I checked stty parameter before I strt Make-recovery and after make-recovery, surprisingly it does change stty stop parameter to
I've attached is the sampel of my script for the make-recovery.
Any clue what relation the make_recovery have with stty settings..?
Thanks
Rushank
Super Advisor

Hello,

Any clue..???