1751975 Members
4594 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion

understanding power outputs..

cnorton39
Advisor

understanding power outputs..

Attached is a picture of the rear panel of my UPS.  There are two power cables with plugs, I'm not familiar with.  Are these what determine the "3 phases?"  If so, how can I change this, without having to change my power receptacle in my server room.  As of right now, I'm at mission stop, because my power receptacle doesn't match my power cord on my UPS.

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: understanding power outputs..

What is the model / part number of the UPS?  Your attachment is a rather small picture and I can't really see much detail.  Generally you have single phase and three phase input power.   Without changing internal components you can't switch between the two.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
cnorton39
Advisor

Re: understanding power outputs..

thanks for answering. After researching, I learned, that my output plug is L21-30p. although, my wall receptable is L6-20p...I can have that changed, although, I'm not sure what PDU to purchase with the appropiate input plug.  This is all new to me, and unfortunately, we do not have HPE support. 

the HPE basic PDU, seem good enough although, I'm slight hesitant to order unless I know, it will connect to my HP 3 phase UPS...with the correct amps/volt and female plug.

Is there a guide anywhere on these PDUs and their output plugs?